• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Victory Hop Wallop

Rod

Administrator
Staff member
As I'm continuing to explore the world of beers, I decided to go for something with a bit more kick. While at Total Wine, I picked up several different varietals, one being Hop Wallop. This is brewed by the Victory Brewing Company out of PA. While I'm not much into real hoppy/bitter beers, this one was excellent.

Hop Wallop is a double IPA and delivered a great balance between sweet and bitter from the hops. Victory used whole hop flowers for this one and it measures in at 8.5% ABV.

While the alcohol content is high, they cover it up well. Not overly hoppy, just enough to know it's a hoppy varietal. It has a very nice finish that lingers, but in a good way. I would say it is slightly oily, if that makes sense...I will definitely buy more Hop Wallop, however it is not something I would drink regularly. It's more of a unique beer, and one goes a long way.

Hop%20Wallop.JPG

Very good choice Rod. Its definitely one of the better DIPA's regular available.

BTW, I'm now into real hoppy beers. :)

Have you tried HopTopia? The only place I have seen it is Bevmo.

No. I'll look for it next time I go beer shopping (probably sometime this week).

I love hoppy beers, but this one seemed horrible when I tried it on more than one occasion.................Just like anything else...To each his own.

That's exactly how it went for me. One beer lured me into the hops, and a few years later that hasn't changed. I still reach for the hoppier beers more often than anything else.

Rod, can you score any of the Russian River beers?

That's exactly how it went for me. One beer lured me into the hops, and a few years later that hasn't changed. I still reach for the hoppier beers more often than anything else.

Rod, can you score any of the Russian River beers?

I will check next time I'm at the store.

Victory Hop Wallop is a awesome IPA to me. Probably because it doesn't tear my stomach up as much. :D