• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Vikings 2008

Even though it was against the Cardinals(5-0 vs. NFC West, 3-6 vs. rest of league), I thought TJack did a great job in not making any of his notorious jump passes. A great way to start the game, with his pass down the sideline to Berrian. It was clear to me that Aikman didn't think TJack had it in him. Hell, neither did I. Great game plan in pounding the ball with All Day and the defense's game plan was outstanding as well.

Allen is showing us the beast that he is, and Berrian is proving to be a terrific free agent signing. The Pukes are out of it, win out and we could get a first round bye. Very cool!

The Vikes are playing their best right now. It's good for TheOldMan© (father in law) to see them back on top. Whatever is good for him is good by me. :)

I still don't think Jackson is the long term answer, but he has played well the last 2 games. Who wants to fire Childress now? :whistling:

I'm not as close to the situation as you Minnesotans are but I really think that Jackson is the QB of the franchise. He's still very green, this being only his 3rd season. He is not a classic drop back passer but you already have a threat the defense has to respect in the running game and if they use play action, roll outs and bootlegs I think Jackson has the athleticism to be dangerous. I don't have his stats in front of me but I don't recall him throwing a ton of interceptions. In the games I've seen he hasn't taken Favre/Romo type risks which means he isn't trying to play above and beyond his abilities. In other words, it seems as though he has a good head on his shoulders. I've seen him miss some easy throws and I haven't paid close enough to know if it's bad mechanics or what but this is what I see as being his biggest detriment. And this is less a problem than if he were constantly throwing into triple coverage because he didn't understand which receiver should be open. The Vikings have a young nucleus at the skill positions. They might as well keep Jackson in to build a rapore with the other players as long as he isn't costing them games and who knows, maybe he'll turn into the next Tommy Kramer!!

The Vikes are playing their best right now. It's good for TheOldMan© (father in law) to see them back on top. Whatever is good for him is good by me. :)

I still don't think Jackson is the long term answer, but he has played well the last 2 games. Who wants to fire Childress now? :whistling:

I believe that Childress will mess something up these next two weeks, lest we forget that his coaching has cost the Vikes at least two games this year. The other teams would chasing the Vikes for home field advantage, and not the other way around.

Jackson has had two good games against terrible defenses. We'll see how he does the next two weeks. I'm predicting a return to form.

I hope he proves me wrong. :thumbs:

I believe that Childress will mess something up these next two weeks, lest we forget that his coaching has cost the Vikes at least two games this year. The other teams would chasing the Vikes for home field advantage, and not the other way around.

Jackson has had two good games against terrible defenses. We'll see how he does the next two weeks. I'm predicting a return to form.

I hope he proves me wrong. :thumbs:

I think you guys forget the fact that Jackon is a young player from a D-1AA school who is very raw yet. He has very little experience still. Typically young QB's like him get to sit and watch for a couple of yrs (Aaron Rodgers???). Chilly threw him into the fire much to soon (thanks for sucking so bad Brad Johnson).

T Jack did have a winning record as a starter last season. I think he has good potential, but needs time to develop.

Rookie QB's like Matt Ryan rarely come into the league and play so well. Not sure why Jackson is being held to a higher standard.

For Minn to win the NFC they need a win or a Bears loss.

Next game for Minn is the NY Giants. Uh oh... ???

When it comes right down to it if the Vikings can not win one of their last games at home then they don't deserve to be in the playoff. No backing into the big show earn it !! As for the Pack not helping us out with the Bears to be honest the last thing I needed to hear was some drunken sconie telling me "the only reason the Vikes were in the playoff was because of the stinking Pack".

The Giants have nothing to play for and will probably rest their important players. Afterall, they aren't coached by Belicheck.

This is the first time I watched the Minn Vikings play this year.
To be honest, I was not impressed. But they played better than the Bears, and I will leave it at that.

During the game, when the refs threw the flag, you can tell the Giants went to sleep mode.
Big mistake. The RB ran for a TD.

N.Y. seems to have too many injuries, so it will be interesting to see how well they do.

As for the Lions. I think we can blame it on the UAW workers. because the shoe fits.

Good luck Minn.

Back