• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Vikings 2008

IMO, he sullied his career when he compared his and his coach's contractual situations to being slaves. His coach at the time in Tampa was Tony Dungy and that really set me off to compare his situation to that of a slave. I also remember him cheap shotting some Packer O-lineman during an interception return while in Tampa. After that I simply wrote him off as an asshat.

IMO, he sullied his career when he compared his and his coach's contractual situations to being slaves. His coach at the time in Tampa was Tony Dungy and that really set me off to compare his situation to that of a slave. I also remember him cheap shotting some Packer O-lineman during an interception return while in Tampa. After that I simply wrote him off as an asshat.

I was being a bit more light-hearted in my post since I'm a former (as of this year) Raiders fan, but I see your point.

You know Alan, we could avoid a possible case of carpal tunnel syndrom if you just drive south for awhile. You'd be here just in time for an after-dinner smoke and sports talk!! :D

It was Chad Clifton and yes it was a very dirty hit!

You know Alan, we could avoid a possible case of carpal tunnel syndrom if you just drive south for awhile. You'd be here just in time for an after-dinner smoke and sports talk!! :D

I wish I could. Someday we'll have to have an Upper Midwest HERF. I think it would be pretty cool.

Now, the next post better be about the Vikings. We've gone horribly off-topic. :laugh:

I wish I could. Someday we'll have to have an Upper Midwest HERF. I think it would be pretty cool.

Now, the next post better be about the Vikings. We've gone horribly off-topic. :laugh:

I'll be up there the week of Thanksgiving. I expect to meet some of you guys. :thumbs:

I'll be up there the week of Thanksgiving. I expect to meet some of you guys. :thumbs:
I wish I could. My parents are coming up from Indiana on that Tuesday. If I leave TheWife© alone with them and the kids for any period of time I will likely be unable to walk for a few days. Sorry. :(

back on topic part duex.

Brad Childress is the worst I have ever seen in term of in-game adjustments. The guy has no answer if his original game plan fails to work.

back on topic part duex.

Brad Childress is the worst I have ever seen in term of in-game adjustments. The guy has no answer if his original game plan fails to work.

I don't think he'll be back next year, even if they stumble into the playoffs.

Where do you think Tice would have this team, with this much talent, and this many coachs?

Red pretty much tied Tice's hands with little spending and a small budget for those coachs he did have.

I'm guessing 8-2. We would have won the games with Indy, @ da Bears, and @ Tampa.

Where do you think Tice would have this team, with this much talent, and this many coachs?

Red pretty much tied Tice's hands with little spending and a small budget for those coachs he did have.

I'm guessing 8-2. We would have won the games with Indy, @ da Bears, and @ Tampa.

Yeah I don't know about Tice he was an OK coach, not any worse then Childress.

I think there may be a coach out there willing to take on a team with this much talent (Cower) just add QB and stir. :laugh:

A couple of thoughts on last night's game:

1) They should wear those uniforms week in and week out. Outside of the Bills retro unis, that is the absolutely best uniform in the NFL IMO. Classical and smart looking, why not wear them every week? Although I'm of the belief that when a team wears retro unis, they should also have to wear retro facemasks. I'd love to see the Joe Theisman one bar facemask make a comeback. How many linebackers would lead with their head while wearing those?

2) This game featured one of the biggest swings of momentum I've witnessed in 20+ years of watching the NFL and it swung on a dime, twice. Late in the 2nd quarter the Vikes make a crucial 3rd down stop only to have the headcase Sapp give them a first down on a play of utter stupidity (your welcome Vikes fan, he's a product of Iowa and UNI). The next play Forte rips off a long run to the one yard line and it looks as though the Vikings are done. Momentum swing #1. After four of the stupidest plays I've seen run, the Vikes hold and don't give up a point. On their very first play from their one foot line, they call the ballsiest play I've seen in quite some time and complete a 99 yard bomb. Momentum swing #2 and game over.

I don't remember who was covering Berrian on that play, but he should be running sprints all day today for ducking inside to jump the slant route being covered by two of his teammates and letting the most dangerous receiver the Vikes have run unchecked down the sideline. I could've completed that pass he was so open. Great win by the Vikings and a "what could've been" head scratcher by the Bears.

I'm not sure I've seen the Vikings play a better game this year than last night. They really looked like a team that's going somewhere.

I'm not sure I've seen the Vikings play a better game this year than last night. They really looked like a team that's going somewhere.

Yeah and I was as giddy as a kid in a candy store right up to the point where Chilly was an idiot and kept playing Peterson despite the game being on ice with 2 minutes or so left.

Why?? Why risk an injury to your franchise player when there is absolutely no reason for him to be in the game at that juncture. As soon as I start to lighten up a bit about Childress as the Vikings coach he does something incredibly stupid again.

Yeah and I was as giddy as a kid in a candy store right up to the point where Chilly was an idiot and kept playing Peterson despite the game being on ice with 2 minutes or so left.

Why?? Why risk an injury to your franchise player when there is absolutely no reason for him to be in the game at that juncture. As soon as I start to lighten up a bit about Childress as the Vikings coach he does something incredibly stupid again.
I believe an injury at that point would have sealed Childress' fate.

I don't like the rumblings I've heard about Donovan McNabb coming to MN. What could the Vikings trade? Draft picks? I don't think they'll let him go for the draft picks the Vikings are likely to have. They can't give up any of their roster, there's not enough depth there. I realize he's not a free agent, but the way McNabb's contract is structured he'll count $10 million against the cap next year. If they trade him or cut him the hit will only be about $1 million. I think he's done anyway, but what do I know?

I think it may be smarter to make a run at Cassel. He's a bit of a gamble, but the upside looks like it could be worth the risk.

Whatever they do, they NEED to address the QB situation.

I believe an injury at that point would have sealed Childress' fate.

I don't like the rumblings I've heard about Donovan McNabb coming to MN. What could the Vikings trade? Draft picks? I don't think they'll let him go for the draft picks the Vikings are likely to have. They can't give up any of their roster, there's not enough depth there. I realize he's not a free agent, but the way McNabb's contract is structured he'll count $10 million against the cap next year. If they trade him or cut him the hit will only be about $1 million. I think he's done anyway, but what do I know?

I think it may be smarter to make a run at Cassel. He's a bit of a gamble, but the upside looks like it could be worth the risk.

Whatever they do, they NEED to address the QB situation.

Do you mean McNabb is done in Philly or done as in "washed up"?

If its the latter I'd have to disagree. As far as trading for him they can have Sharper and a couple of draft picks. :laugh:

I listen to a Philly sports talk most mornings through ITunes radio and to hear them talk about Andy Reid and McNabb, you would think they publicly behead puppies for a living. A lot of their callers are down on them as well so depending on how the Eagles end the season, it wouldn't surprise me if McNabb leaves Philly. I still think he's got some good years left in him, especially his arm. His legs aren't what they used to be but he is still a great QB IMO. But the Vikes have a history of bringing in supposedly washed up QBs and getting a couple of years out of them. I honestly can't recall the last QB that they drafted, groomed and then got more than a couple of years out of though. With AP as a young talent, I would think grooming a young QB to grow with him would be advantageous. Then again, I don't run an NFL team for a reason.