• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Vinyl tubing question

bluue13

Homebrewers,

I have about as basic of a homebrewing setup as possible: burner, kettle, buckets, tubing.

Any tips on how to quickly dry out vinyl tubing after cleaning other than hanging them over the kitchen sink and annoying the crap out of your wife?

Thanks!

I swing mine over head like a cowboy, then lay it on a dark surface in the sun. Sometimes I even wear pants.

I just let mine hang, but I do it in the garage

MX said:
I just let mine hang, but I do it in the garage

Hey man, what you do on your own time is your thing.  :sign:

Thanks for all the tips.  Maybe I'll throw in some hooks down in the basement that I can dry them on.  

Mine just sit in the garage for a few days after I wash them out.

bluue13 said:
Homebrewers,

I have about as basic of a homebrewing setup as possible: burner, kettle, buckets, tubing.

Any tips on how to quickly dry out vinyl tubing after cleaning other than hanging them over the kitchen sink and annoying the crap out of your wife?

Thanks!
If you are using StarSan to sanitize, there is no need to dry. If you are using bleach, start using StarSan. You can make up a big batch of it and keep on using it until the pH falls out of whack. I also put some in a spray bottle. That way I don't have to make a huge amount and worry about buying more. I've had bottles last years.

suprchunk said:

Homebrewers,

Thanks!
If you are using StarSan to sanitize, there is no need to dry. If you are using bleach, start using StarSan. You can make up a big batch of it and keep on using it until the pH falls out of whack. I also put some in a spray bottle. That way I don't have to make a huge amount and worry about buying more. I've had bottles last years.

I only use StarSan, best stuff on the market IMHO.  I just hate putting away wet equipment.  All is good though. 

bluue13 said:

Homebrewers,

Thanks!

I only use StarSan, best stuff on the market IMHO.  I just hate putting away wet equipment.  All is good though. 
Oh, this is after cleaning? I just hang mine from the garage door rails, a fence, or shower curtain rod.