• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Viper's beads in bowls Vs. mesh bags.

I didn't care for the mesh bags myself...
It's better then dumping your beads all over like I have on occasion!
I think I will get some panty hose and rubber band them over the top of the plastic tub I am using now!

-Rob

I ship worldwide without a problem.

Just an additional note, more beads are better than too few. I have a 600 ct humidor and had been getting by with about .75 lbs of beads, had to add a damp sponge about every week. The beads were in a bowl. Then I bought some of the flat humidification sheets from viper for my travel humidor (no spillage problem and flat) and bought an additional pound of beads. I put these in the mesh bags ( someone suggested getting the bags for rice or birdseed for weddings and made up about 10 bags (2" diameter) and placed them around the humidor. I put a damp sponge in and went on 3 week vacation, still the same humidity when I returned and today I will have to dampen the sponge again as the humidity has dropped to 67 from 70%. This is after 5 weeks.

This just confirms at least in my mind, what others have mentioned about extra beads providing a safety buffer and will equalize the humidity for longer periods.

You are correct in your observation. Twice as many beads will hold twice as much moisture so they will last longer between hydrations and the extra beads will aslo help the humidor recover quicker after the lid or door has been opened.

The amounts of beads I quote on the site are the minimum required to effectively hydrate a given volume, you can add more and gain the above described benefits.

I was going for the wifes pantyhose - bad idea! Ordered the basgs from viper and works like a champ in all the humi's :D

joke all ya want to, but a plastic bin with the beads sealed in with pantyhose zip-tied on the end has worked GREAT ever since I got my bigger humi. Never a spill! (I also have some mesh bags as well... :laugh:)

the other thing I just did was added a flat sheet of the bead material Viper is now selling onto each shelf, and that too helps. As is mentioned, more is better! and takes up virtually no room at all...