• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Virginia Herf!!

Lee

Hey guys

So I've been thinking about this for a while and I have an idea...

My wife's three cousins started up a distillery here in Roanoke called Brady's Distillery. I'm going there next week for a Halloween fund raiser and I'm going to talk to them about hosting a herf at their location. It's a great spot with an outdoor courtyard, nice bar inside for sampling the goods and a tour of the distillery.

I'll keep you posted and get back after I discuss this with the Brady's.

Btw...they have great products and I'm pretty sure I've got a bottle of everything plus some swag.

Thoughts??

Smoking allowed on-site? Make for a hell of a herf if no one could have a cigar...

Yes...the owners are cigar friendly but no smoking inside the tasting room or the distillery for obvious reasons...

They have a nice courtyard with tables outside. The weather here is pretty moderate until January...

Okay guys...this is officially in the works! Brady's Distillery is happy to host a herf at their location!

I'm planning this for spring 2023 and it may turn out to be more like a cigar fest.

Talked with the owners and my connected friend in the premium cigar association about possibly having food trucks, goodie bags, live music etc. If we go this route, folks could purchase tickets through the distillery and a portion of proceeds would go to Roanoke Veteran Outreach. The remainder of fees would be for entertainment and cigar goodies.

More to come...in the planning stage

Hey guys

So I've been thinking about this for a while and I have an idea...

My wife's three cousins started up a distillery here in Roanoke called Brady's Distillery. I'm going there next week for a Halloween fund raiser and I'm going to talk to them about hosting a herf at their location. It's a great spot with an outdoor courtyard, nice bar inside for sampling the goods and a tour of the distillery.

I'll keep you posted and get back after I discuss this with the Brady's.

Btw...they have great products and I'm pretty sure I've got a bottle of everything plus some swag.

Thoughts??
Lee, any info you can share?

OK guys...talked to my cousin in law about a possible herf this spring. We're thinking May ATM.

I'm trying to get an idea of how many plan to attend. Also tossing around ideas at this point...just a herf with food truck available and possibly live music. In addition, he mentioned possibly doing an entry fee where all attendees would get a gift bag of cigars, possibly your first drink included. Proceeds would go to the owners charity that helps VETS here locally.

Thoughts??? Comments? Interested?

Lee

he mentioned possibly doing an entry fee where all attendees would get a gift bag of cigars, possibly your first drink included. Proceeds would go to the owners charity that helps VETS here locally.
I can't go so take this as an outside perspective. I think you are over complicating things. What you mention above is a "cigar festival" and what I thought you were trying to do is just plan a get together. Getting a bunch of guys together to meet one another for the first time or first time in a long time should just be simple. Get a party area where everyone can smoke relax. Everything else is overdoing it IMO.. If this becomes 100 people and its annual, then add more to attract more.

I can't go so take this as an outside perspective. I think you are over complicating things. What you mention above is a "cigar festival" and what I thought you were trying to do is just plan a get together. Getting a bunch of guys together to meet one another for the first time or first time in a long time should just be simple. Get a party area where everyone can smoke relax. Everything else is overdoing it IMO.. If this becomes 100 people and its annual, then add more to attract more.
....let's just show up at Lee's house and smoke his cigars and empty his liquor cabinet. Sounds like a festival to me...!!...:cool:

I'm interested! I agree with Chad @CBoukal that until you know what you are going to have, keep it to a simple get together of bothers and sisters.