• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Virtual Lounge or Zoom meeting?

Who wants to join me Saturday night, May 9th at 8pm eastern for a virtual herf? I’ll be there. Will you?

That's 0200 here. It's 2100, now. I'll see what happens, but will definitely make a concerted effort to join in the fun!

I was on my weekly Skype cocktails date! 😂

Guess I should say something about that since I promised I would, eventually. A month or so back, I got a message via Facebook that just said "Hi" with a little hand waving emoji. I don't use Facebook Messenger a lot, and my account there is set to deep private, so if you're not on my friends list, it won't even TELL me you messaged me. I just happened to be DMing with my nephew on some of my late sister's paperwork he was filling out, and saw I had an "unknown sender" message waiting.

Not unknown, though. Definitely not. As soon as I saw the name . . . . hoo, buddy. Blast from 36+ years ago, and a very, very memorable fling with a girl on vacation from New York I met on the beach in Ventura. Memorable enough that I've thought of her often over the years, wondering whatever became of her, and never forgotten her name.

So we're emailing & DMing & have a weekly Skype date now, and . . . well, neither one of us is those skinny tan beach kids anymore, right? But there's this level of connection based on having HAD that, I guess, and . . . it's going okay, actually. Maybe even better than. We're talking about taking a vacation together back in SoCal next year to, aaaah, reconnect.

Hopefully in the most literal sense of the word. ;)

Life's a funny thing. I've been a bachelor since my divorce 25+ years ago, and the spaces between relationships have gotten lengthier and lengthier over time and frankly, I kind of just figured I was in the "resting on my laurels" stage of that part of my life now. Wasn't looking, certainly wasn't expecting. And yet here we are.

Pre-social media days, this wouldn't have even been possible. Guess it really is all in the timing.

~Boar

I really tried to make it, but ended up conking out around 1230. How about a Weekend Happy Hour for y'all continental revolutionaries? That would put it at a semi-reasonable time for us Olde World folk.

Rod has asked me to help get the Virtual Herf meet ups off the ground. It seems like, from those who posted times & days, at a herf beginning at 8pm EST would work for many of you. I would like to schedule a herf on one of the following days this week:
Wednesday
Thursday
Saturday
Sunday.

Please let me know what day would work best for you?

Sorry Euro guys if these times dont jive with you. Please let me know what times in EST would be do able for you and we'll figure something out.

Thanks in advance.

Wed/Sat/Sun is ok with me. 8pm EST is good on those days. Thursday's I'd have to strap my phone to my push cart and you'd hear a lot of cussing while I play my golf league.

At 5:00 pst (any day this week) I won’t be able to have a cigar, but I might just pop in to say hi...

Ok, lets do 8PM tomorrow, Wednesday to kick things off. Bill, about what time do you light your smoking lamp?

I'll try....doing bottling operations on two white wines tonight, and it's a bit chilly here. But if I can break away I will!