• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

VSG torp

Shooter

Living life on the heavies.
Tonight after converting a corner of my office to a smoking section I decided to fire up an Ashton VSG Torp from 01, gifted to me buy a hell of guy. So tonight I am drinking water and listening to some Van Morrison.

[/size]
DSC00420.jpg

This cigar had a righteous look to it, character abounds in the guy. Construction flawless and the wrapper was silky smooth. Hints of chocolate and almond precede the light up. I snipped the guy with a buck fifty cutter and off to the races we go. The prelight draw was perfect.

DSC00423.jpg

The initial few draws were of cinnamon and hazelnut with hints of cherry. The cherry quickly faded. The almond made itself known quickly. Exhaling through the nose yielded no burn and loads of coffee.

After the first inch it mostly was a pronounced coffee with some hints of carmel and almonds.

DSC00424.jpg

Starting into the second inch this is just an all around fantastic smoke, and smoking it brings back good memories of a good friend. The cigar is now mainly a sweet tobacco taste with undertones f coffee and a little spice is showing through. Exhaling through the nose is starting to tingle a tad with roasted pecan, very reminiscent of the smell of a fresh baked pecan pie. The draw at this point is absolutely splendid, I had to relight, I got to jammin and set it down and it went out, no ill effects.

DSC00427.jpg

As I move into the third/fourth inch, Albert King and SRV have taken over and I had to relight again, not much has changed, the classic VSG taste is making its way forward. This is one sweet smoke and I am glad to have the pleasure. The flavors are still unchanged and that is not a bad thing, just sweet simple aged flavor. The flavors are picking up intensity for sure much more powerful but nothing new. Still an easy exhale through the nose as the Allman bros rock it out.

Easin' into the fifth inch B.B. King takes over and the smoke settles down, the intensity has faded, but the thrill is not gone. It is however bringing a tear to my eye as the smoke waffles through my nose, but it's still stellar. Just a refined spicy tobacco. I do believe this cigar has shown what it has to offer and has just pulled back. It's almost producing a slight bourbon taste, could just be me wanting some but having to work tomorrow. It has sweetened up and has a very pleasant spice flavor I cannot identify. This cigar has about put me to sleep it is so relaxing.

DSC00429.jpg

The band is off and still not much to report but cigar goodness. Down to the nub and the song remains the same. What a great cigar from a great friend to break in the smoking room.

DSC00430.jpg

DSC00431.jpg

WOW .. sounds like a great experience, thanks for sharing bro..

8 out of 10 Shane...you lost 2 points due to the lack of pics. :D

Nice review, I was right there with you.

Brian

Edit to add after pics put up...now you are talking :thumbs:

Nice review Shane. The man room looks pretty nice too.

If you put the lamp on the floor, does your dog try to hump it?

Nice review! The Italian lamp (fraj-ee-lay) makes it!

Great review Shane, it was fun hearing it happen in chat too. Is that the same lamp from "A Christmas Story?"

Great review of my favorite cigar. I haven't smoked one that old yet, but I will.

Ken

With the corona gorda I have, time has done nothing for them. To me, they are just as good fresh

Nice review and a sweet lamp! Major prize winner I see.
Major "award" baby.

Very cool lamp from one of my favorite movies of all time. :thumbs:

This illustrates why the VSG line is one of my all time favorites. Never less than good and often immensely satisfying.

Wilkey

Great review Shane. I was going to say something about the lamp but Wilkey beat me to it. :thumbs:

Very nice review! I have a few VSG's around, but most only have a year on 'em.

Your smoking section looks great! :thumbs: