• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Walk In Humidor Gone Crazy Giving Cigars a Bath

Herman Melville

Went to my normal cigar shop today and went for the walk in humidor. The place was wet all over. The humidifier was spraying a foggy mist and there were water droplets covering hundreds of cigars. Water was in the floor. I called attention to the clerk and he just said that the air was so dry it was working too hard. Then he said that walk ins are just for customer attraction! WTF. I picked up my cigars from the cases out side of the humidor. This cannot be normal. Wouldn't this be ruining cigars?

Went to my normal cigar shop today and went for the walk in humidor. The place was wet all over. The humidifier was spraying a foggy mist and there were water droplets covering hundreds of cigars. Water was in the floor. I called attention to the clerk and he just said that the air was so dry it was working too hard. Then he said that walk ins are just for customer attraction! WTF. I picked up my cigars from the cases out side of the humidor. This cannot be normal. Wouldn't this be ruining cigars?
I would avoid that place like the plague..

Did they have hygrometers that showed the current humidity levels in there?

I recall going to a once fave local shop, with blue hair growing on several boxes of expensive cigars. I mentioned it to the proprietor, and was told, loudly, that I was an idiot, didn't know what I was talking about, plume is VALUABLE and I was stupid for even mentioning it. Yes, he called me stupid loud enough for most everyone in the store to hear.

Never to return, which is unfortunately what you should do in this case.

Ya, what bbs said. In a couple weeks they will be full of plume and oh so valuable...lol.

I remember that story BBS. Herman, I’d bypass the clerk and let the owner know, especially if it’s your normal shop. If you get the same reaction BBS did, find a new normal shop 😄

I've been buying cigars on line for well over five years and always been happy. I would prefer to support my local shop, but he doesn't carry what I prefer.

There may be a problem today with USPS delivery, but other than that I have not had any issues.