• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Want a free usb flash drive?

looks like they're still in stock, thanks for the free offer! :cool:

Hoping the first person to receive theirs will post here and let the group know...

ALostTexan

Here's what I received:

"Thank you for your interest in the valuable Windows Desktop Licensing information pre-loaded on the USB drive. Unfortunately, we have reached the limit of this offer and are no longer accepting orders. Please download the Windows Desktop Licensing reference files directly."

Nothing here, either. I'm wondering if MS is going to make good on this or not.

nothing here - not that I would know what to do with it when I do get it :laugh:

Bastids!!!!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for your interest in the Mystery Solved Windows® licensing promotion. We've received your request for more information to help clarify Microsoft® Windows Desktop Licensing pre-loaded on the USB drive. Unfortunately, this Mystery Solved promotion was available in the U.S. only and while supplies last. Supply is depleted at this time, so we encourage you to please utilize the online alternative today.

Simply download* the Windows Desktop Licensing reference files directly at:

www.microsoft.com/mysterysolved/corp

To help simplify Windows Desktop Licensing, keep these points in mind:

There are two legal ways to acquire a full Windows Desktop license: through your hardware vendor (OEM/System Builder) or Full Packaged Product.

Volume licensing covers Windows Desktop operating system upgrades only.

OEM operating system licenses live and die with each PC–they are not transferable.

Again, thank you for your interest in Mystery Solved and for helping us spread the word about proper Windows licensing.

Sincerely,
Microsoft Corporation

*Internet connect time charges may apply. Offer available through June 30, 2006.

© 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Microsoft and Windows are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FOOKERS are all out whatdid they have like an extra fiver and thats it....

Never did get mine... If that isn't Microsoft, I don't know what is... About their speed :angry:

Got my message today. I was just wondering about this yesterday....

ALostTexan

same here... oh well- not like I was suprised.

I just checked in at the other two forums I go to (including the one where I got the link) and no one has received one either.

So a big F U goes out to Microsoft.

Sorry I posted this gentlemen, I should have known better when dealing with M$.

I wouldn't know if they did send a message since I gave them a toss-away addy.

Buy a Mac! At least they're pretty up front about taking your money...

And did you see that new 5th Ave Apple Store?

Microsoft did themselves a huge disservice here. Their free drive offer was about as much negative publicity as they could've gotten out of a freebie..

I know MANY computer techs tried to get this 'free offer'..

and every single one of em is peeved. The next screw up from Microsoft, they'll be all primed to spew venom ..

way to go, microshaft. and now for your Next Magical Trick.. ;)