• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Want to get a new coffee grinder need help

drunkfish3

Angry Fish
Time to replace my cheap blade grinder need some recommendations for the best affordable grinder.

I was thinking about going with a burr grinder if i can get one for the right price.

I did search but no recent posts.

What did you search for?

I tried 'burr grinder' and came up with this thread, just a little over a month ago:

http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/index.php?showtopic=64130&st=0&p=961597&hl=burr%20grinder&fromsearch=1&#entry961597

The $25 Black and Decker in tom’s link works great for me.

If you want to buy a burr grinder then $75 probably won't cut it. Brew yerba mate for the time being and put away cash for a grinder that you can enjoy for years to come.

I just don't think blade grinders are worth it.

-Mark

...or perhaps try Link. Maybe that will be good for you.

I don't make espresso just grinding to brew in a regular coffee pot. So maybe a cheap grinder is all i need. I am new to grinding my own coffee so i don't know.

Maybe look into a Baratza Refurb or contact Chris' Coffee to see what they can put you into. Definitely check your local craigslist, as many people think they want to grind their own, then tire of it and try to recoup some money. This is probably your best bet.

I don't make espresso just grinding to brew in a regular coffee pot. So maybe a cheap grinder is all i need. I am new to grinding my own coffee so i don't know.

A cheap grinder can certainly work for drip coffee. I would still push you in the direction of a 'budget burr grinder' because it opens up the possibility for a good cup from a french press, pour over, et cetera. I don't pull espresso at home but I've never doubted my purchase of a burr grinder.

I use a Bodum Antigua, which seems to do the trick. The price on this model has unfortunately risen from a few years back.

-Mark

...a refurb, like Klipsch wrote, isn't a bad route.

I have a burr grinder - Baratza Virtuoso.
While I do like it and it is ideal for my French Press the difference in the quality of the coffee that comes out is negligible.

Stick with the cheap blade grinders!
If you let the coffee snobbery get you you will be blowing mad cash on top of the line coffee makers, roasting equipment, huge sacks of beans or cat poop beans!
Keep it simple while you can!
Unfortunately it is probably too late for me!

Good luck!

-Rob

edit - spelling

Check here:

Baratza grinder

These are great home burr grinders.

I purchased one of their refurbished units a couple of years ago, and it's still going strong.

Plenty of settings from very fine (espresso) to coarse.

Caution - YMMV!