• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Want to try a Tat

MX

Quietly getting back into the cigar culture.....
So, I really want to try out a Tat. Now I am a new smoker and do not want to be overcome by the cigar's strenght, so I am thinking of getting the Havana VI samplerpack from Holts. What do you guyd think, is this the one to start out with, or is there another Tat line that i should ease into.

Tim

PS HAPPY 4TH

Tim the P Series White Label is a Medium to medium full. It's certainly not as dynamic as the Havana VI or Cabinet but worth a try.

Tim the P Series White Label is a Medium to medium full. It's certainly not as dynamic as the Havana VI or Cabinet but worth a try.

I could be wrong but my understanding is that the Series P ( White )uses the same tobacco as the Havana IV ( Red ) but that it is a cuban sandwich with 60% Medium / 40% Long Filler.

Send PM Al ( puffstuff ) , OutlawD ( Outlaw Cigars rep) or call Atlantic Cigar and tell them what you want to do and how much you are willing to spend. I think you will get a chance to try the Brown, Red, and White labels with maybe a different Pepin or two thrown in. Tenpin has been known to do $100 samplers as well.

The Holt's sampler is not bad but I think you can get a better idea about Tats trying more than just the Red Labels.

Heck if you just want to try a Red label PM me your addy.

Just my .2

Seth

Edit : I can't spell

I could be wrong but my understanding is that the Series P ( White )uses the same tobacco as the Havana IV ( Red ) but that it is a cuban sandwich with 60% Medium / 40% Long Filler.

Send PM Al ( puffstuff ) , OutlawD ( Outlaw Cigars rep) or call Atlantic Cigar and tell them what you want to do and how much you are willing to spend. I think you will get a chance to try the Brown, Red, and White labels with maybe a different Pepin or two thrown in. Tenpin has been known to do $100 samplers as well.

The Holt's sampler is not bad but I think you can get a better idea about Tats trying more than just the Red Labels.

Just my .2

Seth

I can hook you up with some Whites, Reds and Browns if you'd like... PM me if interested.

Jim

While I know it's true, and though I've only smoked 2 White-lables, I found them a mere shadow of the reds. One of those examples of the sum being greater that the individual parts I guess...

Another good sampler option is the El Ray Habanos Belicoso set (which I think is avalible at serious cigars.) its 6 sticks: A Havana VI, a Cabnet, a Conoju 2006, a Serie JJ, and a DPG Black Lable. Great stuff all around.

If you want something with lots of flavor, but don't want something that is going to knock your dick in the dirt. Try the Tat Noella from the brown line. Great flavor profile, it's just a smaller smoke so it does not have as much nicotine IMO. It still packs plenty of flavor, spice, and complexity.

PM me if you want, I can drop you a few.

While I know it's true, and though I've only smoked 2 White-lables, I found them a mere shadow of the reds. One of those examples of the sum being greater that the individual parts I guess...

I agree whole heartedly with this statement. I wouldn't recommend the white series as a starter because I simply don't think it represents the quality of the Tatuaje label. It's a decent inexpensive smoke, but it isn't what the reds or Cojonu's are.

MX I wouldn't worry about easing into anything, jump in with both feet. Tatuaje Reserva J21 bro :)

Just my .2

Seth

I can hook you up with some Whites, Reds and Browns if you'd like... PM me if interested.

Jim

If you want something with lots of flavor, but don't want something that is going to knock your dick in the dirt. Try the Tat Noella from the brown line. Great flavor profile, it's just a smaller smoke so it does not have as much nicotine IMO. It still packs plenty of flavor, spice, and complexity.

PM me if you want, I can drop you a few.

This is proof that this is the greatest forum on line. That a simple request for info and advice would generate responses of this nature blows me away. The members of this forum are TRUE Brothers & Sisters of the Leaf. Thanks to everyone that throws there hat into the ring to help out us Newbies with sound advice and a generous spirit. For myself, and all the others that have and will benifit...

Thank You

Tim

Tim,

You could do a lot worse than to PM Al (Puffstuff).

I was in your position a couple months ago, wondering what all the hype was on this Pepin/Tatuaje craze. I think I spent around $50, and Al hooked me up with one of each of the Tats (White, Red, Brown), a Cabiguan (sp), Pepin Black, Blue, Miami 8 &11 (loved it), and one other although it's left my head right now. They all offer something different, and they all are first rate smokes.

Just my .02, but in my short time here, Al's custom samplers beat Holts anyday.

drew

hows that for a newb kissing up! :laugh:

If you're buying from Al, have him throw in some of the La Flor Dominicana Cabinet Cameroon... those are delicious smokes!

Proof beyond proof just arrived today. Its a good thing I am in good with the Explosive Ordinance Disposal Team

I will wake these babies up in a few weeks

Thanks John

Proof beyond proof just arrived today. Its a good thing I am in good with the Explosive Ordinance Disposal Team

I will wake these babies up in a few weeks

Thanks John

Enjoy bro.......................Stay safe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, thanks a lot Seth.

Not sure how you got my addy, its not in my profile, and I don't remember sending it to you (but i do smoke a lot of crack....) so I could have.
This just means yo went the extra mile to help out a Noobie.

Thanks Brother

Tim

Wow, thanks a lot Seth.

Not sure how you got my addy, its not in my profile, and I don't remember sending it to you (but i do smoke a lot of crack....) so I could have.
This just means yo went the extra mile to help out a Noobie.

Thanks Brother

Tim

Enjoy and keep your head down.

Seth

i put the flame to the Tat Noella, and the DPG Blue last night, OMG, classic!

A few days ago I smoked the DBG Black, again, I have found the reason I smoke, all of these are in the top 5 of my fav's

Thanks again to all the BOTL that helped make this a dream come true.

Tim

edit cuz I is dum

You're doomed to the same fate I find myself in. Very few cigars ,Opus, LG Diaz, and forbidden fruit, in my case, satisfy like a Pepin creation. I find most everything else wanting.

Doc.