• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Washington DC debating a ban on sales of single cigars

woodbm

Drink a little drink, smoke a little smoke
I saw this on the news the other night and couldn't believe it. Here is a Link to the article as well.

From the Washington Examiner:

"But Alexander said cigar bars and tobacco shops would be exempt under the bill, and that these establishments will remain unaffected."

Working in a school, I'm actually sick of kids walking around smelling like grape weed.

I think they were trying to completely ban single cigars before they met with the owner of Drapers and CRA.

Drapers is the first thing that came to mind when I saw this on the news.

why not just ban the sale of matches and lighters that way pot smokers can't light up?

Stupid left wing liberal hippies. Make me sick with their self-righteous bullshit

Due to DC being so close to Maryland and Virginia this bill sadly will not work. Just go across the boarder within a metro stop and grab their grape "cigars" at a 7-11.

PG County council in Maryland passed that ban in November last year. However, cigar stores, restaurants, golf courses, etc., were exempt from the ban. I think even the most idiotic of politicians are aware (or are quickly made aware) of the difference between the type of clientele that buys a Grape White Owl at a convenience store vs. the type that buys a single at a place like a golf course or tobacconist. As long as our community remains vocal about this difference - we should be unaffected by these types of laws.

This won't change much, even for blunt smokers. They'll just buy the 2 pack white owls or the 4 packs of swishers or whatever else, it's not like it's hard to come up with the extra $2 or however little it is in difference.

This won't change much, even for blunt smokers. They'll just buy the 2 pack white owls or the 4 packs of swishers or whatever else, it's not like it's hard to come up with the extra $2 or however little it is in difference.

Exactly...just yet another law on the books that will do absolutely nothing to what it's trying to prevent, but will increase the incremental cost of grocery stores or convenience stores doing business.

Stupid left wing liberal hippies. Make me sick with their self-righteous bullshit

Whoa there big guy... You're flirting with that imaginary "political" line with this statement...