• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Watch out for rick3985

ffopusxff

Cohiba Siglo III's MMMMM
Good evening all,

About a month and a half ago I posted a trade thread for a box of San Cristobals: http://www.cigarpass.com/forums/index.php?...p;hl=must+trade

And rick3985 sent me this response:

I am interested in trading a box of San Cristobal Oficios for the listed Opus on your post. I have not had many posts here, but am a very highly respected FOG on cigarbid and e-herf, and have done deals on cigarpass with Swifty, Seamus, Kayakinboy, and bmickey9. I only use this site for purchases, so the only time I post is when I am looking to buy something. I have 40+ positive trader feedbacks on e-herf. I will check my sources for a good deal on the San Cristobal Oficios, and have my best price ready when you reply. If your price beats my best source, I will ask you for your source. If this works for you, send me a snailer and I will have them sent to you. Thanks. -rick3985

I missed that all he uses this site for is to buy thing, so the saga continues. I then confirm the trade and he sends me the following PM to let me know he ordered them(this was on June 23rd):

Shaun,

The sticks are on their way, and being shipped to you directly. Send me your e-mail address, and I will send you a copy of the reciept from #$%^&**(^&%. Thanks.

The order number for this order is 19547.

Product Qty Price Sub Total
var qtyChanged = 0; San Cristobal de la Habana OFICIOS
2005 1 €150.00 EUR €150.00 EUR
Sub-total: €150.00 EUR
Total: €150.00 EUR
Approx Total: ~USD 188.70

I then PMed him to get a copy of the confirmation but nothing. I have not heard back from him, but he has been active on the board trying to get other cigars. http://www.cigarpass.com/forums/index.php?...23073&st=40

So nothing has shown up, so I e-mail #$%^&*(&^% and the response I got was:

Hi Shaun,

This order couldn´t be shipped because the card was rejected.
We sent an e-mail to Rickey Rittenhouse informing about this problem.
Regards

So don't let your stogie go to waste on this guy. Have a happy day, I think he got the other stix just seeing how much he can scam.

It must be summer, the scumbags are in full bloom. :angry:

Did you send your end at all? If not, you're not out anything.

I'm sorry, I don't understand your post.... Did you send him the cigars ??..... If not then you are not out anything....

I think he could still be labeled a scumbag if he agreed to a trade and then backed out....

I'm sorry, I don't understand your post.... Did you send him the cigars ??..... If not then you are not out anything....

I think he could still be labeled a scumbag if he agreed to a trade and then backed out....

Sending someone a falsified message like this:

Shaun,

The sticks are on their way, and being shipped to you directly. Send me your e-mail address, and I will send you a copy of the reciept from #$%^&**(^&%. Thanks.

is quite a bit worse than just backing out of a trade, and I'm pretty sure Shaun sent him his end of the trade due to it.

*edit due to leaving out a word*

Rick had some problems with trades, etc. on that other board he mentions. But as far as I know, he made good on everything he owed.

I have not received anything from the vendor ($%&^@##%*) about this problem, I gave them your addy as the ship to. Why is a P/M today the first time I have heard about this? Could you not P/M me the details of the problem with the vendor? I have a fraud hold on my personal bank account because someone got my account info and credit card number and rang up a BUNCH of charges late last month. If you have not received them you should have let me know privately instead of this so I could give them a different card..... Besides, you haven't sent me anything! I did this on good faith with you. So why no communication about the problem before putting it on the board?

From another site...

I'm giving this negative trader rating for a couple of reasons.

Rick and i agreed on a trade for one of my humidors. He sent me the agreed upon cigars but one of them was damaged. These cigars are super premiums so it's not like I'm being trivial over a $5 cigar.

I sent him the damaged cigar back along with my end of the trade around the 1st or 2nd week of January. He said he would replace the cigar and get it sent out. A few weeks pass and i received no cigar or any communication from him to let me know he hasn't forgotten about his end. He had a baby recently so i knew he would need some time to get his life back in order. I took that into account and i was patient because of it.

So here are the reasons i feel like he deserve a bad rating.

#1 I had to contact him about what was going on with his end of the trade. I never received anything from him since we last agreed upon him sending me a replacement cigar.

#2 I contacted him via PM just as a reminder about our trade. He said he waiting for something "special" to come in so he could add it to the package. I said ok.....

#3 Since the time of my completion of our trade he has been involved in at least 14 to 15 other trades/bombs/....ect.

I will not trade with him again.

I regret having to post this comment considering that rick and I have successfully completed a trade in the past

Rick posted that he was ISO the 858 SG and I offered to trade. Rick suggested that his end be premium sticks equal to the MARKET value of the fuente sticks. I readily agreed and sent my fiver to him at the end of February. March 12th and no stick from Rick so I PM'd him. He responded on the 13th of March that the wife had him all tied up with the baby etc... and would send the sticks out in the next or so. No sticks until the following week with a post mark of the 20th. over 3 weeks to complete a trade with prodding for info is not satisfactory to me.

Did rick fulfill his end of the trade? Yes, the sticks were equal to the market value of the 858 SG.

Will I trade with him again? Regretfully no unless he sends his end first. His communication was poor.... if you are having problems... TELL YOUR TRADING PARTNER! The part that was frustrating is that he was continuing to sign up for more trades on different areas.... why not complete mine in a timely fashion?

This is very hard to do, but it has gotta be done, since Rick has failed to live up to a committment for over a month and refuses to answer emails regarding the payoff. 5 lousy cigars is all he owes us (Me and Buddha Daddy) and he has said a couple of times, that they would be shipped, and still no cigars....I have written a positive review on Rick in the past, but this hurts and is overdue since he has mishandled dealings with a couple of other BOTL's and is becoming someone that you cannot depend on to come through with his end of the bargain. I know that I do everything possible to get my end of payouts off ASAP, and this is not easy dealing with the Post Offices in SoCal believe me, as the lines are really tough. Rick was in a pool with 10 folks for the Players Championship and it was for 5 premium cigars which everyone in the pool paid ASAP. Rick PMed me that he was sorry and would send them after about 2 weeks, well it is now over 4 weeks and still no cigars, and to top it off, Jeff (myndsooner) has sent us some cigars to make up for his shortcomings......this is totally uncalled for, if we are going to enter into transactions we should live up to our end and not hope that the problem will go away. Thanks.

I have not received anything from the vendor ($%&^@##%*) about this problem, I gave them your addy as the ship to. Why is a P/M today the first time I have heard about this? Could you not P/M me the details of the problem with the vendor? I have a fraud hold on my personal bank account because someone got my account info and credit card number and rang up a BUNCH of charges late last month. If you have not received them you should have let me know privately instead of this so I could give them a different card..... Besides, you haven't sent me anything! I did this on good faith with you. So why no communication about the problem before putting it on the board?

Why are you using this board for your "ISO" only??? How about participating and being a part of the community in order to reap the benefits....

Rick, When i sent you my e-mail addy and you never responded with the confirmation like you said you would send, I guess this is when the suspicion started.
And no I did not send him anything because he did not have theses stix in hand. But if I did not come out with this and somebody else got burned by him everybody would be on my back "why didn't you say something earlier." I guess I titled it wrong for some but it still has the same meaning.

So you can put it out in public when you get screwed out of nothing, but you cannot be the target?

The only e-mail confirmation I have received to this point is this portion of the P/M I sent you. This is the confirmation e-mail I received, and I sent to you on 06/23/06.
"

"

Now, if there is a problem, I would have liked to know before this. AND, to throw me out in the open without a P/M or heads up is wrong.

As for the above quoted feedbacks from my account on e-herf, why don't you have the 40 positive feedbacks quoted?
LINK:
http://www.eherf.com/modules.php?name=Foru...le&u=530#gb

How about I had a baby in February and got behind? Am I a scumbag for that?

I appreciate the fact that you are all out to look after your own and all that, but geez. All it would have taken was a simple e-mail or P/M before this point, and all would be well. So, thank you for the fine communication.

Where was the e-mail with the reciept you promised? Communication ended when you failed to answer you end. Let people take this and read what they want into it. Whenever somebody gets outed there are more excuses than bad cigars. Scumbag, I don't determine, I just call them how i see them.

I appreciate the fact that you are all out to look after your own and all that, but geez. All it would have taken was a simple e-mail or P/M before this point, and all would be well. So, thank you for the fine communication.

If you can post in other buys, you certainly have enough time to reply or follow up on this.

So is this all taken care of now?

The only e-mail confirmation I have received to this point is this portion of the P/M I sent you. This is the confirmation e-mail I received, and I sent to you on 06/23/06.
"

"

Now, if there is a problem, I would have liked to know before this. AND, to throw me out in the open without a P/M or heads up is wrong.

As for the above quoted feedbacks from my account on e-herf, why don't you have the 40 positive feedbacks quoted?
LINK:
http://www.eherf.com/modules.php?name=Foru...le&u=530#gb

Well, now - isn't that special...

First off, Rick - this is not a place where you just prance in and start trading without first establishing yourself. If your only intention is to do your buys/trades on this board without participating in the community, I'd strongly suggest you go back to e-herf and cbid...

You have very little reputation here. And your reputation on e-herf is not exactly stellar. 1 bad trade wipes out the 40 good trades you did. Those guys who made "negative" or "neutral" advice gave you some very wise counsel. All I'm hearing from you is excuses and nonsense about all of this. Bottom line - you're not taking care of your obligations as you should - both from here and e-herf.

You want to trade - you better step it up a notch. And quit with the excuse making...

Just to clarify. I don't mean the official "Scumbags and Bad Traders" list, just the unofficial list of guys not to transact with.

Wilkey

ffopusX..... How can you quote the order confirmation number, the order details, and the order total in your original post and still say you never received a confirmation from me? THAT IS WHAT I RECEIVED VIA E_MAIL FROM THE VENDOR. If there was something wrong, you should have let me know.
"Whenever somebody gets outed there are more excuses than bad cigars. Scumbag, I don't determine, I just call them how i see them."
excuses? I didn't even know there was a prolem until you took it upon yourself to publicly throw me under a bus I never even knew existed. I can't wait until I get 286 posts here so I can throw people under the bus for trying to get involved in a couple trades. I should be throwibng you under the bus for not having sent your end yet. Hell, for all I know, you got the box of officios and are smoking one right now. AN E-MAIL WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE.

muddstick... reply or follow up on what? this is the first I have heard about this...

ggiese... Did you read the other feedbacks? the ones that were positive and made up for the four negatives? Are you going to post a link to these for your faithful followers to read? How about a link to the picture of my newborn son in my e-herf photo album? If you look real close, he is saluting you.
LINK:
http://www.eherf.com/modules.php?set_album...=view_photo.php

Wurm.... "is quite a bit worse than just backing out of a trade, and I'm pretty sure Shaun sent him his end of the trade due to it."..... Shaun has sent me nothing... I never backed out of anything, hell I didn't even know there was a problem.

Anybody have anything else to say? I am not going anywhere, so don't be afraid to say what is on your mind.

AND, for the record, this is exactly why I haven't gotten involved here except to do some purchases. Everytime someone on this site does something even remotely close to abnormal, the entire board jumps to the offensive and slaughters them. I am on this site every single day since November of last year, (have Rob the cigar god check) but I am ashamed to post anything other than my credit card information because of the banter coming out of most of your mouths. I only got started here because a particular individual I know used to sell some very high end-collectible sticks here (Ashton estate Reserves, etc.)and I was a buyer. But, what do you know, he doesn't even post here anymore.

muddstick... reply or follow up on what? this is the first I have heard about this...

Well, if I thought my end was taken care of but had not recieved the other persons end for over a month....I would follow up! Not to mention the fact that usually it is not uncommon to make sure that someone you are trading with got there end!