• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Wedding and Honeymoon

BourbonAndSticks

Took the plunge May 16. I had a been a wild few weeks prior to the wedding but am glad to be in Napa Valley as I type. I did a quick search for some previous suggestions by the community and just was wondering if there were any updates as the Napa touring related thread was last year and it seems as though these wineries undergo changes quickly (at least that is what my sister indicated). We have already hit the following:

V. Sattui
Dutch Henry (enjoyed the dogs as well as the wine)
Black Stallion
Rutherford Ranch
Mumm

We are scheduling a trip to Cakebread and the Castello Di Amorosa, and based on the previous post I will look into Larkmead Vineyards, any others we should keep our eyes on?

Took the plunge May 16. I had a been a wild few weeks prior to the wedding but am glad to be in Napa Valley as I type. I did a quick search for some previous suggestions by the community and just was wondering if there were any updates as the Napa touring related thread was last year and it seems as though these wineries undergo changes quickly (at least that is what my sister indicated). We have already hit the following:

V. Sattui
Dutch Henry (enjoyed the dogs as well as the wine)
Black Stallion
Rutherford Ranch
Mumm

We are scheduling a trip to Cakebread and the Castello Di Amorosa, and based on the previous post I will look into Larkmead Vineyards, any others we should keep our eyes on?

You should drive up to Mauritson...

My wife and I had a blast almost a year ago in Calistoga. Stayed at the Calistoga Inn. Sterling Vinyards was a neat tour. We enjoyed it.

Don't miss Old Faithful Geyser of California on the north end of town. The fainting goats made it for me.

Great hiking in the state parks around there.

All in all, Calistoga was our favorite part of Napa Valley. We'll go back again someday.

Bill

ps. Most importantly, congrats on the wedding!

Congrats, enjoy your time out there

Be sure to check out Miner and Del Dotto.

Lots of things to do and see depending on what you are interested in. Some of the higher end wineries you will need an appointment to go to. There are still a few like Heitz Vineyards that offer free tastings but they are far and few between.

Many good restaurants in Napa, Yountville, and St. Helena. Calistoga is nice as well, a little more relaxing more of a spa town with a slower pace of life. If you have any specific questions feel free to PM me and I will try to help out.

Vincent Arroyo was recommended to us and we thoroughly enjoyed our time there - dogs were fun there too!

We are back home, thanks for all the suggestions. Vincent Arroyo ended up being both of our favorite visit :thumbs:

We are back home, thanks for all the suggestions. Vincent Arroyo ended up being both of our favorite visit :thumbs:

Cool... it was recommended to us and we had a blast there as well. Even bought futures we can't wait for. Glad it worked out for you...