• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Weird music pairings on TV

AVB

Jesus of Cool, I'm bad, I'm nationwide
Over the past 70 years or so that rock in one form or another has been on TV and there have been some strange combinations broadcast. My vote for the oddest one is Pink Floyd on the Pat Boone show in May of 1967. However, Gwar on Joan Rivers (circa 1990) is a close second even thought they didn't play a thing.

What do you think is one of the oddities that you have seen?

I heard "Smack my bitch up" by The Prodigy used as bumper music on a local evening news show a couple weeks ago.

Our local fox station plays Scarface's G-code for commercial breaks. Cracks me up, every time.

The Huntley, Brinkley Report (yea, I know I'm old) used the 2nd movement of Beethoven's symphony #9 for their intro and a local station used a Weather Report tune, "Birdland", for a talk show. Obviously they're not Rock and Roll, but I thought they were odd.

Doc

Not that this one is as weird as you mentioned in the OP, but when I saw this video the other day it struck me as strange when you factored in the year...1969.

Not that this one is as weird as you mentioned in the OP, but when I saw this video the other day it struck me as strange when you factored in the year...1969.

Damn, Tom Jones can belt it out! Great version.

Neil doesn't look too happy while David is having a blast.