• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Well it was only a matter of time.....

This is like group therapy. Thanks guys now I know I am not alone! My story is I started out with a 50ct humidor bought a 150 ct then retired the 50 ct. Next when the 150 ct got full (a once unthinkable thought) instead of bringing out the 50 ct out of retirement I bought a 100 ct. Of course the 100 ct (+ the 150) gets completely full so instead of resisting the urge to buy I unretire the 50 ct. So what happens next everything is full and I buy a 250 ct on cbid figuring that nearly doubles my storage. Well needless to say that is getting full as for what is next I don't know but I do have at least a few on back order on the way. Funny thing is I maybe average 2 cigars a week over the course of the year so there is this obsession to buy like the cigar tax is coming way before the legislation was contemplated. I know buy big next time but the way I figure it space issues at least slow me down for awhile saving from eventually having to convert one of my closets to a home walk in sometime in the future.

This is like group therapy. Thanks guys now I know I am not alone! My story is I started out with a 50ct humidor bought a 150 ct then retired the 50 ct. Next when the 150 ct got full (a once unthinkable thought) instead of bringing out the 50 ct out of retirement I bought a 100 ct. Of course the 100 ct (+ the 150) gets completely full so instead of resisting the urge to buy I unretire the 50 ct. So what happens next everything is full and I buy a 250 ct on cbid figuring that nearly doubles my storage. Well needless to say that is getting full as for what is next I don't know but I do have at least a few on back order on the way. Funny thing is I maybe average 2 cigars a week over the course of the year so there is this obsession to buy like the cigar tax is coming way before the legislation was contemplated. I know buy big next time but the way I figure it space issues at least slow me down for awhile saving from eventually having to convert one of my closets to a home walk in sometime in the future.

You should have gotten yourself a coolidor (or two) right after the first 150ct! :D

I have 2 humidors and 1 coolador. 1 500 ct. humi. 1 300 ct. humi and I think the cooler is either 100 or 110 qt. I can't remember.

Maybe it's just me because I'm so new to this and haven't really started spending major bucks yet, but I don't think I'll ever run into this problem. Whenever I go to the B&M, I buy 4 or 5 cigars and store them in my roommate's humidor, and they're gone within a week. Something tells me that a lot of people started out like this, and in a year I'll be looking back at this post and laughing at how naive I was. ???

I'll tell you what will happen, sometime you will spot a deal for a box of cigars you greatly enjoy at a big discount. You'll jump at the chance and realize you now need your own humidor or cooler to keep them in. Remembering that everyone here says to get bigger than you think you need you'll get something that can hold more cigars than you have.

Shortly after you'll see a mixed sampler here with some cigars you've never tried or maybe you can't find elsewhere. Naturally you jump on this to "expand your tastes and figure out what else you like" (and that box and the couple singles you have look lonely :p )

This continues for a little bit repeating itself until you find yourself looking for 100+ qt. coolers to store the truckload of cigars you just ordered. ;)

I got a cool little 100 ct desktop humidor for fathers day, and figured that there was no way that I would ever need to fill it. Now, I have a 24 bottle wine-o-dor that is slowly losing empty space.....luckily, finances have been tight and there havent been any heavy recent additions!

Maybe it's just me because I'm so new to this and haven't really started spending major bucks yet, but I don't think I'll ever run into this problem. Whenever I go to the B&M, I buy 4 or 5 cigars and store them in my roommate's humidor, and they're gone within a week. Something tells me that a lot of people started out like this, and in a year I'll be looking back at this post and laughing at how naive I was. ???
I started buying 1 cigar every couple days from the local shop to have after lunch or dinner. Almost 1 year into this 'hobby' I've almost filled 2 cheap 100ct humis and am looking at starting a cooler.. my oh my.

TugBoat - that's exactly how it happens... and then you discover cigar auctions...