• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Well I've gone and done it!

Petthefish

Well I could not stand it any more after years of smoking cigars. And months reading the pipe section here on CP I had to do it. I broke down and got a pipe! Now I was going to get a cob pipe but then got looking and for about 10 bucks more I found a nice briar pipe that looks good and feels good. And one of the old FOG's in there smoking his old pipe said it was good for a newby like me. The store hooded me up with some samples of there mixes I got the tool and some pipe cleaners and next thing I know I am enjoying my first smoke from a pipe. And it was great! I still have to break the pipe in but my wife said now I have more to spend money on lol! rp
3615982442_0a6064edb9.jpg

3615981674_7fd9543fca_m.jpg

Now to go read read and read more! rp

I'm lucky that my wife spends more on cigarettes yearly than I do on cigars and tobacco so she doesn't say a thing.

Welcome to pipe smoking!

I'm lucky that my wife spends more on cigarettes yearly than I do on cigars and tobacco so she doesn't say a thing.

Welcome to pipe smoking!

LOL trust me my wife spends more then I do! :(

Mine spends money...I'm never really sure on what...it just goes away and I rarely see anything new around the house. :rolleyes:

I don't advocate deceiving your partner but I will admit I have occasionally been known to make a show of buying quantities of a cheap "house blend" from the local tobacconist. 8oz of cherry cavendish runs $10 and has the benefit of looking like a notable quantity to someone who rarely smokes.

Wait until she sees your cellar grow as quickly as your Humi collection did.

Welcome to the CP Pipers, bro!

Steve

thanks all i have spent the weekend smoking and enjoying my new found Hobby and wow i think this might be a life long hobby. I smoked some Cornell & Diehl Riverboat Gambler last night and wow was it good I think I might buy a tin of it. Also Being a CAO cigar Whore I need to try and get some CAO blends The one calle Blue note looks awesome rp

thanks all i have spent the weekend smoking and enjoying my new found Hobby and wow i think this might be a life long hobby. I smoked some Cornell & Diehl Riverboat Gambler last night and wow was it good I think I might buy a tin of it. Also Being a CAO cigar Whore I need to try and get some CAO blends The one calle Blue note looks awesome rp

Does CAO still make Blue Note? I thought they passed the rights on to someone else...maybe not...

I do know of two CAO's which you've never seen, heard of, nor tried.... :whistling:

I prefer milder cigars. In fact I just got through smoking a R.P. Vintage 1990 a little earlier today.

So making the transition to pipe smoking was pretty easy for me. I know that there are a lot of smokers who absolutely love cigar leaf.

But, since I've been smoking pipes, my fondness for cigars has diminished some. :)

Of course it's a different experience all together and I know that is not why you started this thread. I was just sharing some of my personal thoughts.

My point is that, there are quite a few pipe blends that are very similar to a cigar, (without containing actual cigar leaf).

The more fuller pipe tobacco's also bring that peppery strong smoke and you'll find that with the stronger pipe tobacco's you'll have to treat them more like a cigar.

With milder blends, I tend to french inhale a lot. But with the heavier blends, I tend not to do that and instead, smoke them, again, more like a cigar.

You just have to experiment to see which blends you like the best.

BTW ---- I like your C.S. Spurgeon quote. :) He's one of the preachers I point too, when ever someone question's my tobacco habit. :)

C.S. Spurgeon was a great man and he loved his cigars

ohh and great pic of C.S. Lewis rp