• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Well now I need to see If I can fill this up

gtphale

newbie at heart
Put it together the other day my humidity is sitting at 60 and slowly raising everyday. Figure tommorrow it will be at 63 or 64. Now to get some isom's in there to age them.
DSC01746.JPG

Nice... gives me some ideas. Even with a larger hand made humidor in the process, extra storage is never a bad thing! ;)

Are the dowel rods Spanish Cedar? or are you relying on the boxes for the cedar? It looks like one has a dept store style label on it... are they just your run of the mill wood?

And has anyone used a Cigar Oasis in something like this? Would they do well, or not? I have one not being used at present (waiting for new 'dor) but I could get a coolidor up and running soon...

Dude, The dirty socks will impart a foot taste to the cigars, hopefully that pile of clothes has no other worse clothes in it. :laugh:

Nice, very nice..... I'm sure it will fill to capacity in no time..

Dude, what's with the socks? Ya could've cleaned up a little if your gonna invite us in... :laugh:

Dude, what humidity are you keeping those socks at? :laugh: Highly unlikely that they will give you a consistant burn.

Igloodors rule!

Well to dowel's aren't spanish ceder so I"m relying on the boxes and some ceder at the bottom of the coolidor. Those with Coolidors do you leave your boxes opened or closed? I'm thinking of closing them once I hit my 67 or so range. I came home tonight and i'm up to 62 so in the morning I should be able to close the boxes and drop my otterbox into the coolidor.

The socks are there to add flavor.lol

Play sand volleyball at lunch so my socks get nasty,and my wife is to lazy to do laundry. :love:

My cooler is much smaller than yours and my cooler sits like a chest; I leave the boxes closed. I think of it as compartmentalized humidity control. Even if I take all of the boxes out, inside the box will not vary too much

gtphale said:
Put it together the other day my humidity is sitting at 60 and slowly raising everyday. Figure tommorrow it will be at 63 or 64. Now to get some isom's in there to age them.
very nice!
it's exciting to see these things going up.
I see that you're using the radio shack remote sensor...how accurate is yours? I'm frustrated because all 3 of the ones I bought recently are anywhere from 4%-10% low. :angry: worse is that they're now discontinued and nowhere to be found, which is just fabulous. :rolleyes:
anyway, :thumbs: on your new toy!

Tested mine and its 1% off. Tested my digital and its right on. The radio shack by me had three of them left for 39 bucks. Not to bad of a price,for the coolness factor. :p