• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Well, the time has come....

My best goes out to you both, brother. My wife and I went through a similar situation a few months back, and I'm sure that you will soon also look back at this time with relief. Keep the faith, and do whatever you have to for her.

My beloved wife of 19 years was taken into surgery at 12:00 noon today to remove the tumor. She and I both had bad feelings about this procedure and were quite apprehensive about the entire affair but we knew it had to be done.

The neurosurgeon said that these operations usually take about 2-4 hours so I kissed her goodbye, told her I loved her and they wheeled her into the operating room and kicked me out. I went to a huge mall down near the hospital and strolled around trying to keep my mind occupied. Stopped in at a restaurant and sat on the patio and smoked a nice cigar and drank a beer while having lunch and killing time. At 3:30 I headed back to the hospital to see if she was out of surgery only to have the OR nurse tell me she was still in surgery and for me to wait in the waiting room and the doctor would come ask for me when he was done. I figured it should only be a few more minutes so I waited. 4:00 came and went, 4:30......5:00......5:30........6:00.........6:30 and no doctor. I started getting a bit nervous now but figured if something had gone wrong they would have let me know. Finally at 7:15pm I couldn't wait any longer so when someone left the OR (it is a secure area) I took advantage of the door being opened and quickly ducked in and over to the nurses station to ask about Eva. I looked into the recovery room and there she was in the first bed. The nurse said she had just come from surgery a few minutes before which meant she was under the knife for 7 hours!!

Her surgeon saw me and came over and said she had done real well and that they had managed to remove almost all of the tumor but it obviously took longer than expected. There was some significant scarring in the region where the tumor was which caused them to have to go more slowly.

There was no indication of cerebral spinal fluid leaking after the removal so that was a relief!

She tolerated the anesthesia well and had no problems at all during the procedure.

I asked if I could see her and he said to make it quick. As I took her hand she opened her eyes and recognized me instantly. My heart jumped at that. I wasn't sure what to expect after such a surgery.

Of course, I had to ask the world's most stupid question.... "how do you feel?" Thank goodness for the drugs or she might have injured me severely at that point.

She looks like she just went toe to toe with with a MMA fighter. Her eyes were swollen and red, her nose purple, swollen, and stuffed full of gauze. she'll have two nice shiners by tomorrow I think.

True to form, she looked at me and said "you look tired, go home and get some rest"

They kicked me out at that point and told me she would remain in recovery for 3-4 hours then they were going to transfer her to intensive care to monitor her for the next 24-48 hours.

If all goes well I can bring her home by Friday or Saturday.

Thank you all for thoughts and prayers.

Thank God to hear all is well! :thumbs: Excellent news! Get some sleep bud, and keep us posted on how the recovery goes.

That is great news!!! I wish you both the best during her recovery. :thumbs:

The neurosurgeon said that these operations usually take about 2-4 hours

At 3:30 I headed back to the hospital...4:00 came and went, 4:30......5:00......5:30........6:00.........6:30 and no doctor.

I think I'd be on the edge of flipping out at that point. Good to hear it went well...and that you managed to keep your cool!

Glad to hear it worked out well. Hope the recovery is a fast one!! :)

Good to hear! This calls for a celebration smoke! Take care and I still have you two in my thoughts!

Hope you get a speedy recovery. Hang in there.

I'm relieved and happy for the both of you DR.

Wishing her a speedy recovery!

I've been waiting for the good news. Your wait had to be nerve wracking but in the end, all is well. Soooo very happy for you.

Great news my friend. Glad all went well and keep us updated. My wife has the micro version of what your wife had. She as of right now only has to take medicine to shrink it but still a bother. Good luck with the recovery and God bless.

Danny thanks for keeping us posted and you better listen to your very smart and now recovering wife. Get some rest. Positive thoughts still coming your way!

PJ