• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Wham, Bam, WOAM...

MiamiCubano

El Martillo (My Boxing Name)
After a wonderful day fishing down here in the Keys, I thought I'd finally get to posting a review of this little WOAM that I've had sitting in my humi for quite some time (at least 2-3 years or so). I actually smoked this baby a few days ago, but have only now had the time to get the pics ready and set down to actually posting. So...

As stated, this WOAM has some nice age on it. I've been looking forward to smoking this baby for a while now, and the other night, as the sun set once again over Miami, I decided it was time. The scene:

WOAM001.jpg

I clip this baby, pre-light draw is very nice. Get that initial taste of some spice on the lips too, and that just makes me even more eager to sacrifice this little beauty. Toast, light, draw...mmmmm. So delicious. What a minute...what the hell is going on here? This little WOAM is starting to run...getting way ahead of itself:

WOAM004.jpg

WOAM005.jpg

WOAM008.jpg

I start to get concerned, but then figured that the brilliance of AF will surely correct itself. The flavors while waiting...wonderful notes of spice, some deep forest, earth, and hints of cocoa and leather. An absolutely tasty calvacade of flavors, and I'm in heaven despite the race this little stick is trying to run with itself. Soon however, as I anticipated, all that corrected itself and this stick began to burn beautifully:

WOAM013.jpg

WOAM014.jpg

WOAM015.jpg

WOAM016.jpg

This turned stick remained a dream despite it's initial hints of a nightmare. Flavor wise, it remained constant throughout as discussed above and never once, even for a moment, flattened out or lightened up. I continued smoking it until it burned my fingers, and then kept on some more, further past this point:

WOAM019.jpg

I kept on smoking this, remembering over and over again almost every WOAM I have smoked, and having such pleasant memories as I could recall almost all the varying circumstances and occasions of each of the many, many that came before it. This one, just added to the databank of such wonderful memories. I have quite a bit more of these that are continuing to age, and can't wait to try some more 2, 5, even 7 years from now.

For those who are so very familiar with these sticks, I really only wanted to share this smoke for the sake of the run that turned into a beautiful ash. But, for those of you BOTLS and SOTLS who have yet to partake of the wonder and majesty that are WOAMs, I can't recommend strongly enough that you acquire some as soon as possible. Although this one has some age on it, these are still very tasty right as soon as you pick 'em up.

I learned that with any AF perfectos/figurados to not worry because of their self-correcting tendencies. Great review and view. Thank you for sharing. :thumbs:

Best,

Joe

Excellent review!

Coincidently I smoked one this morning. This and the Signature maddy are my favorite in the AF maddy range.

Brian

Excellent review MC! I love the WOAM.

I am smoking one as I compose this response.......Ahhhhhh......another puff, several years old as well, perfect burn and terribly smooth. Thanks for the review.

Yet another amazing review bro!!!
Perfect timing as well... I had a WOAM this fine evening over at xRanger's casa!!!

:thumbs:

Very nice review :)
I have one woam and still waiting for some nice moment to burrrrn it! :)

Nice review MC! I just might have to set fire to one of these tonight. It was going to be a shark, but you may have swayed my decision.

BTW. You have my wife jealous of those bay sunsets.

Mmmmm ...... time to smoke another one of these. Thanks for the review Hermano and it looks like all is well in the Keys :thumbs:

:cool:

A fantastic review! I have to tell you, I love these little cigars! They never disappoint, and that ash always holds on! I see a box of these in my future soon! LOL

Had my first WOAM last night! Very good cigar, had some spice, and great thick smoke. The appearance of these smokes are great.

I officially hate you

You get to smoke my favorite Cigar in my favortie place on earh :blush:

j/k Love me some WOAM just a great great smoke and you stinking pics of Miami Kill me I wont be able to make it back till dec/jan........

Great review and pics. I agree that these are great out of the box, but are unbelievable with some age. I've got a few left out of a box from '04 that are just fantastic right now.

Took my time driving in to work this morning and enjoyed a WOAM from '01. What an unbelievable cigar.

Took my time driving in to work this morning and enjoyed a WOAM from '01. What an unbelievable cigar.

:thumbs: ....... I wasn't as much into these cigars as others have been in the past but the last couple that I have had have been very good. Looks like I may need to go into search mode on these.

:cool:

Great review, but some of us would like a fishing report also ;)