• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What’s in your pipe today? 2020

I thought cobbs weren't supposed to ghost nearly as much as briars?

Cults Blood Red Moon could ghost a room just sitting open for a few minutes.

Anything porous will ghost. Meerschaum (limestone, I think) is supposed to be the least likely to ghost.

Good morning from Athens-Greece with 59 'F.

283059582572e13b1888221ae1f1b2aca9ac3d00.jpg

Paladin Black Cherry.

Mongol: The Rise of Genghis Khan (2007), Temüjin Borjigin rides to meet his army to confront his blood-brother for Mongol people leadership.

28310733c76f8b9b87c51408eff69ff8e7b3d090.jpg

I am smoking Robert McConnell Red Roses.

Allergies were tolerable today so I had some Orlik Golden Sliced in my Dublin.

Someone posted on tobacco reviews that it tasted like licorice....I've had several bowls from my tin and didn't get any licorice....what say you?

Had a bowl of Bayou Morning that I finished a few minutes ago, now I'm hitting a bowl of Concerto.

Had a bowl of Irish Cask this morning. Some rest great stuff in my opinion. Anyone who enjoys Irish Cask have any suggestions of similar blends to try? I mostly gravitate towards English blends, but I’m looking to diversify the cellar

So here is my pipe lol. It’s a MacQueen pipe, quite possibly unsmoked though there is a little burnishing around the top edge of the bowl. This may mean that I actually tried one time but stopped for one reason or another.

I also have these two tins of tobacco. I believe both to be unused as well but I think I may have opened the de luxe mixture for one reason or another. The other one I cannot open for some reason so that leads me to think it never was.

Question now is where to maybe find a good Cobb that could be shipped to me, and if this tobacco is any good. I’m unsure of the exact consistency of how it should be. The deluxe isn’t “brittle” but it’s not exactly soft either. It’s anything but “wet”.

Update, the early morning pipe was unopened, until just a few minutes ago. It has the same consistency as the de lux, so that may be good or bad. They both have been residing in a older clear plexi fake zino humidor in a cool basement setting for the last 3 years, and maybe a couple more at the old place before that. Its fairly airtight as I can smell the delicious pipe aroma every time I open it.

Last edited:
MM Cobs can be found on the regular pipe websites
Smokingpipes.com
Pipes and Cigars
Cup o Joe's

That’s a neat pipe. Smoking pipes.com is where I get everything. They have a lot of Meershaum pipes for $15 and under.

Ok, I may have to give that a go. I was just looking there and its a pretty neat site. Lots of cool estate pipes too, but that may be for later. It seemed like they are still shipping. Any thoughts on the tobacco I have currently? Think its any good?

Ok, I may have to give that a go. I was just looking there and its a pretty neat site. Lots of cool estate pipes too, but that may be for later. It seemed like they are still shipping. Any thoughts on the tobacco I have currently? Think its any good?
I would think if you just opened the EMP that should be in better order than when you originally got it. Three years to marry the flavors

I would think if you just opened the EMP that should be in better order than when you originally got it. Three years to marry the flavors
Ok cool, I'll probably wait until next week and place a small order (I don't have any churchwarden pipe cleaners anyways) and then try it if/when it arrives.