• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What’s in your pipe today? 2020

2885413700c21ca4939907e7608f8e7cf8bc10dc.jpg

Reiner Grun blend 25.

Good morning from Greece, he had heavy rain with thunders here in Athens but now everything looks better. I am smoking Cornell and Diehl White Burley in a Vauen.
Here is my pipe-smoking bag which i always carry with me when i am out in the Cafe for example.

f6ypukx.jpg

Filters (front pocket not visible), tamper main and auxiliary, tweezers for extracting dirty filters, drill for cleaning the hole of the bowl, screwdriver for adjusting the flame intensity of the lighter, pipe cleaners cotton and synthetics. Leather pipe support base, lighters: Zippo, simple butane and torch type, matches.

Mr Sid, if you'll entertain an ignorant question, may I ask what the beads are and whom is the maker of your pipe? The pipe is very cool looking, and the beads intrigue me. I must get my pipes back out and get more involved. I'm short of warm areas to smoke though, and winter is setting in.

Thanks and enjoy your get togethers.

Floyd T

Mr Sid, if you'll entertain an ignorant question, may I ask what the beads are and whom is the maker of your pipe? The pipe is very cool looking, and the beads intrigue me. I must get my pipes back out and get more involved. I'm short of warm areas to smoke though, and winter is setting in.

Thanks and enjoy your get togethers.

Floyd T
Search the forums for komboloi

Search the forums for komboloi

I appreciate the heads up. I've found my answer in the "worry beads" and cool history from prayer beads to more ornamental.

I'm still interested in the pipe maker, though.

Again, thanks for the search info! Much appreciated.

Floyd T

MERRY CHRISTMAS to all the pipe smokers around the World! My best wishes also for those who are ''On Duty" today.

ldd2mqB.jpg

OSqmwcI.jpg

I am smoking J.M Boswell Christmas Cookie.

PS: There is not such a thing like ''happy holidays" here in Greece for that day, this is only when the Summer vacations start.

Mr Sid, if you'll entertain an ignorant question, may I ask what the beads are and whom is the maker of your pipe?
Floyd T

My dear friend, Kompoloi is a personal item and shows some things for your character. If you don't have some ''art'' on you or you are just indifferent you will buy one and leave is ''as is".
On the other side you will buy or modify one with 17 or 19 beads with a tassel, this is balanced so you can swirling it gently and make the transfer of beads from one side to another, this is an ''all around" Kompoloi for most cases. For Older guys there are bigger and heavier Kompoli which can not swirling it because are made for the ''rub the bead-think and let it drop" technique, back in the old days you could see them in Cafe in the hands of Captain or a Sire for example. Fancy Kompoloi with jewellery at the and are just for show and are not practical. Small Kompoloi are for guys who just want to have their hand occupied with something so they don't start smoking cigarettes or for Elders which their finger can not hold something heavy.
If you see a guy swirling fast and nervous a Kompoli like a butterfly-knife making noise is irrelevant and disgraces the item. ;)