• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What’s your Humidity preference for flavored/infused cigars?

murkr

I recently picked up a NEEDONE Electronic Humidor (300 Capacity) that I plan to keep at 65% RH @ 68 degrees. I also picked up two Rubbermaid Brilliance acrylic containers that I plan to keep at 69% RH inside the electric humidor.

So that means I have the opportunity to experience both 65% & 69% RH @ 68F.

I read some people like to keep certain wrappers at different humidity levels so I plan to do:
Connecticut @ 69% RH.
Dark wrappers @ 65% RH.

But I’m not sure what to do about flavored/infused cigars. Should I also follow the rule if it’s a lighter wrapper it needs more RH, so keep it in the 69% container?
I got Nub nuance, Drew Estate Java, and Tabak Especial infused cigars. What Humidity level do you keep your infused cigars?

Howdy! I don’t think you’ll an answer to your question here. I don’t think anyone here smokes flavored or infused cigars.

Despite the humor, the question you ask is really kindof beyond the realm of reality. 70%, 68%, is really a moot point. Just keep things at or below 70/70 to aviod mold, and get a drybox set up at 62% for Cuban cigars when you are ready to smoke them.

As you've learned, most here do not smoke or favor infused/flavored cigars. That said, DO NOT store your infused or flavored cigars with the rest of your stash -- they will "bleed" all over the traditional sticks and ruin them.

I don't see the need to keep the Tupperware inside the new electric humidor; it will only take up room you could be using. Also, if you've only got 300 sticks on hand, you will probably smoke through them well before a 4% RH difference contributes any factor either way. If you insist on keeping two separate storage devices (not including keeping your flavored cigars sequestered from the rest), use one for Cubans and one for Non-Cubans.

As you've learned, most here do not smoke or favor infused/flavored cigars. That said, DO NOT store your infused or flavored cigars with the rest of your stash -- they will "bleed" all over the traditional sticks and ruin them.

I don't see the need to keep the Tupperware inside the new electric humidor; it will only take up room you could be using. Also, if you've only got 300 sticks on hand, you will probably smoke through them well before a 4% RH difference contributes any factor either way. If you insist on keeping two separate storage devices (not including keeping your flavored cigars sequestered from the rest), use one for Cubans and one for Non-Cubans.
If I have read right Cubans at 65% correct? I’m thinkin of doin a tupperdor of Cubans separated at the 65RH

This

so strange how everyone shits on infused cigars.
Why do you not like them? Im a new cigar smoker and like them better than all the others I've tried.

Why do you not like them? Im a new cigar smoker and like them better than all the others I've tried.
It’s kinda like when I first got into beer I thought I was cool drinkin new castle. Fancier than bud light right? Didn’t like IPA’s and stouts. But then I had a double dry hopped IPA in a cask and everything changed. Now I only drink the stuff my dad calls trash water. Your palate will probably change and desire more sophisticated flavors as you smoke more. Most peoples do. It’s like drinking rosé all the time then you evolve into better wines

I guess cigar smokers enjoy the taste of the tobacco as opposed to flavoring. Bourbon drinkers don't like flavored bourbon either.

It's kind of like putting ketchup or A1 on a good steak.

Edited to add a few more good analogies.

It would be like putting hubcaps on a Lamborghini.

It would be like putting a purple muumuu on a bikini model.

It would be like a bikini model smoking a cigarette.

It would be like drinking a $500 bottle of wine from a styrofoam cup.

But as Nick said, smoke what you love and love what you smoke

Last edited:
If I have read right Cubans at 65% correct? I’m thinkin of doin a tupperdor of Cubans separated at the 65RH
Store Cubans long term at 68% to 70% Dry box them at 60% to 62%. If you are going to smoke them within a few months and dont care about aging them, 65% is fine… but still dry box them.
Sorry, totally missed this earlier. Bill is the Cuban authority around here. Listen to Bill when he drops knowledge.

I'm personally not into infused cigars , but Steve Saka put a stick out called brulee , and there argument weather or not if is infused.

Keep em at 69 or 65 just like anyother stick.

My take on it.

I actually enjoy a infused cigar now and again. But primarily smoke non-flavoured.

I cut my teeth on infused smoke's and grew out of them finding that the un-infused variety are usually better constructed and have better quality tobacco. Admittedly if I would have had a high priming top shelf cigar back then I'd have no idea it was good.

It's the same as sipping a espresso while still once in a while enjoying a mocha cappuccino.

If I spent years fermenting, ageing and blending a cigar just to see it dipped or sprayed with something to cover the taste. It would seem pointless. It takes time but I would be willing to bet you may grow to love regular cigars if you stick with this long enough.

Store Cubans long term at 68% to 70% Dry box them at 60% to 62%. If you are going to smoke them within a few months and dont care about aging them, 65% is fine… but still dry box them.
What’s the purpose of storing Cubans separate then? I understand the flavored ones

I wonder what the quality of the tobacco is in infused cigars? I wouldnt think that Drew Estates uses top quality tobacco to make Acid cigars?

Anybody know?

I wonder what the quality of the tobacco is in infused cigars? I wouldnt think that Drew Estates uses top quality tobacco to make Acid cigars?

Anybody know?

They do. Unfortunately. The Acid line is fairly large these days. The filler is almost all premium Cuban-seed and grown in different areas of Nicaragua. The different lines within the overall Acid brand vary. Some more or less sweet, or "infused". In the KK maduro.. I got everything from Sweet N Low to lavender to clove.

I'm not a fan. But they do introduce a lot of people to the cigar world. So there's that.

What are some of the non-infused you've tried?

They do. Unfortunately. The Acid line is fairly large these days. The filler is almost all premium Cuban-seed and grown in different areas of Nicaragua. The different lines within the overall Acid brand vary. Some more or less sweet, or "infused". In the KK maduro.. I got everything from Sweet N Low to lavender to clove.

I'm not a fan. But they do introduce a lot of people to the cigar world. So there's that.
I'm not sure I can understand, or accept, that they would use top quality tobacco if they were just going to dip it in perfume?