• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What a great evening

mmburtch

Sleep deprived and cranky
Thanks to Adam, Jane and Ryan for stopping into chat to share our night of remembrance. It has been an honor to be part of Brian's life and a pleasure to share our memories with you.

Be strong and be well.

Yes it was a nice evening wasn't it Matt. :thumbs:

I have to say, while I unfortunately missed the chat due to the time difference, I throughly enjoyed my long solo walk in the dark smoking one of Brian's favorite cigars reflecting on a man I admired and considered a friend.

God speed my friend.

I'm sorry I missed the chat. :( I tried to get an indoor pass to no avail. It wasn't as cold as it should have been, reflection tends to put the mind elsewhere.

Rod shut the chat down just as I arrived. Must have been something I said... :laugh:

I am sorry I also did not make the chat. I have been out of town for the last few days and I am just now learning of Brian's passing. I am still new here but I have spent some time reviewing some old posts and often found myself going back to re-read posts, in awe, in which Brian showed such a tremendous amount of generosity to the members of CP community. He was a class act and a great BOTL. I wish I had gotten to know him more.

My sincerest condolences to his family and also to those members here who had gotten to know him personally over the years.

God Speed.

It was a great evening. The number of participates we had in chat was a true testament to how great of a person Brian was. Thank you all for taking the time to remember our friend. :)

I was finally able to get into chat at about 1900 hrs...then was abruptly kicked off via the Flashchat server. That part sucked, but oh well. I just stayed out of it.

I smoked one quietly in the dark with a fine cup of coffee with rice milk in it. To Brian...

Yes it was a great evening, I have never seen so many CPers in the chat room at one time - it was really nice to see the great turnout for Brian. :thumbs:

While I didn't have the cold that Alan had, it still was 14 degrees and 6in of snow on my deck. I sat in chat and sipped some good Scotch and contemplated and reflected and thanked God for what I have. Thanks again Rod, John and all others for that opportunity.

It's just this newbs opinion, but the contest Brian ran where you had to get something for your significant other still blows me away and is a pretty good composite of Brian's generosity. Would making that a sticky as sort of a living memorial of Brian be in bad taste?

It was really great. I enjoyed being able to read about Brian and his family especially from the family.

Talk about time difference... at least you weren't in Australia when the Chat Room was open. :(.

Still, I lit up a good one for Brian.

It was great. Towards the end of the night, Ryan, Adam, and Jane all stopped in and chatted for a bit. It was great being able to chat with them and tell them what Brian meant to us.

It was great. Towards the end of the night, Ryan, Adam, and Jane all stopped in and chatted for a bit. It was great being able to chat with them and tell them what Brian meant to us.

Sorry I missed the family. I was getting booted every 2 minutes. It was good to be together with so many CP brothers at once, and to do it for Brian.

I'd also like to mention that I manhandled the 15 degree temperature, but my Brian stick of choice (Opus Beli) whooped my ass. So Brian, wherever you are, I hope you had a good laugh over that. :)

I was kicked off and couldn't get back in.

I'm sorry I wasn't able to share as it sounds like it was a great event in honor of Brian. I did drink a toast to him with a special bottle of 2006 Pinotage, he had gifted this to me earlier this year. It came from the oldest vineyard in South Africa, the Groot Constantia Estate. It was a bittersweet moment as I was looking forward to sharing this bottle during a visit by him. It never happened and it is my loss.

Sorry I missed the family. I was getting booted every 2 minutes. It was good to be together with so many CP brothers at once, and to do it for Brian.

I'd also like to mention that I manhandled the 15 degree temperature, but my Brian stick of choice (Opus Beli) whooped my ass. So Brian, wherever you are, I hope you had a good laugh over that. :)

Yeah, my chat was struggling the first hour as well. Basically couldn't do anything. But the last hour and a half was great.

I'm sure Brian was laughin' his ass off at me in two coats and sock cap in my pole barn as well, lol. But the Milli was great.

Kristen, Brian and myself had the Chicagoland Memorial herf at 8 to 8 cigars and had quite the time remembering Brian. We all smoked sticks that were our connection to Infinity and had a few toasts of single malt scotch. It was a nice time and afterwards we ran home to participate in the Chat Memorial. CP is one great Forum, thanks Rod and all CPers.

Sorry I missed it, I tried several times to get in but I couldn't ev en get into CP a few times. Gad to see the turn-out was so great in honor of Brian and his family.

Lagged a little but the room was fairly stable for me and I have dial-up :whistling:
I was thinking the chat room attendance was a record with between 60 and 70 in attendance at one time. I was visioning Rod acting as Scotty keeping the CP Enterprise from falling apart in warp drive :thumbs:

My only problem is the house now stinks like berry smoke as my wife joined us in the chat room herf with her Groovey Blue while we sat watching TV in the living room :(

Glad it was a great turnout. I wish I was able to read everyone's comments & stories. I tried getting in a bunch of times too...using AOL, then Firefox...then IE, nothing worked. I even did a restart and still had the issue. It must have been quite the get-to-gether!

RIP Numero Uno :thumbs:

I enjoyed it as well. I didn't know Brian personally, but felt I needed to show up in chat anyways as a sign of respect to CP, his family, and the great BOTL's on here. When I saw chat running so slow, I logged off so that it would take some strain off the system for those who wanted to talk. Did anyone save the chat as a word file by C&P? I'd love to read the whole session. I thought about saving it, but it was way too late. I bet the chat meant a lot to Brian's family. You all should be very proud of the way you faced this tragedy. CP is full of some wonderfully kind hearted people. God bless all of you.