• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What a Smoke!

siriusstoogie

Bellus Filipinus Vir! :)
Man I tell you, the stars must be aligned right for me. Let me describe my first experience with the PAM Exclusivo.

The confluence of things made this the near perfect smoke :)

First, I got a box from our friends in Decataur, GA. The price was right, the customer service was excellent! Thank you to Al and Ben from Puff N Stuff (Discolsure: I did not get any special treatment because of this. Rather, I felt it was important to recognize the pleasant experience I had dealing with these two BOTLs. I have ordered several times from them in the past. it is safe for me to say that that my experiences are the rule rather than the exception)

Second, the wife and kids went to visit with my in-laws. This left me all by my lonesome at home. As luck would have it when the mail came, the postman delivered this box of which I have been anticipating. :) Like a kid on Christmas Day, I opened the box and was all smile as I check these beauties.

Third, The smoke. I usually do not smoke right out of the box but I told you, I was a kid at Christmas :D So off I went by the pool and settled with a cold soda and the precious PAM on hand. The construction as with other PAM lines was perfect, dark, solid and self-assured construction. I clipped the head and took a couple of draws. Effortlessly yet not loose was the verdict. The feel was yieldingly firm. Lighting the foot wa unremarkable. But what blew me away was by the second draw, the maddie flavor kicked in high gear!

The smoke was copius and white. The flavors that danced in my tongue were, slight coccoa, wood, spice and a slight sweetness. The first third was complimented later on by some tingling--not pepper but of spice I can't quite put a finger on. It got hot--not the cigar--me :) I layed the cigar down and took a dip. Coming out after a minute or two. I took a puff--the PAM was stil lit and giving off volumes of smoke. The sweet finished disappeared but the flavors I mentioned above remained. Only to be joined by a hint of coffee--without any trace of bitterness. The draw was smooooooth. Time for another dip---for sure I thought it would need to be re-lighted. But this was a PAM--still alit with razor sharp burn. The last third, I noticed that the woody flavor became the top flavor and the sweet finished returned. As with all cigar, it came to part with it when I felt the heat on my fingers and thumb. All told, I only had 1/2 an inch or so left.

I have smoke several other PAMs before, but this took the cake for me. I would give it a 95 :love: plus (I reserved giving it a 100 until I smoke a few of these babies ;))

Thanks for letting me share my thoughts.

Joe

Very nice review Joe.

I smoked a lot of these about a year ago and then moved
more onto the 1926's. I have an untouched box in my humi,
may it's time to revisit, bust one out and hope for the
same experience you describe. :)

Brian

Thanks for the review Joe, great smoke I agree.

I especially liked the breaks to take a dip in the pool, lol, mostly because I'm envious :angry:

Anybody have an updated MSRP list on these?

Great review, Joe. Sounds like it was a fantastic experience.

The Exclusivo maduro was probably my first PAM and first super premium. I've got a special place in my heart for this cigar.

Wilkey

There are two great BOTL vendors on this board. PM either for best pricing!
Al (puffstuff) and Gabriel (gmiranda33)

Brian

Joe,

Very nice review. Like you, I am a Padron whore with the 64s and 26s in my top 5 smokes. I had a 64 Monarca maddie this afternoon. GREAT smoke. Think I'll finish off the night with a 26 No. 9 maddie. See you at the next herf!!

Nice review and a nice smoke. I just had the last one out of my box earlier in the week. If you haven't tried the Exclusivo with the natural wrapper yet, you definitely need to. It's just as good as the maduro, but somewhat more complex and woody. Both are staples in my humidor.

Great review, Joe - :thumbs:

No big secret that I really like the 64's / 26's as well. I have a few of most of the maddies in the coolers. As LouieD said, these are in my "top five" list to be sure. When they are on, which is most of the time, they are ON. I had a "plain old" Padron 2000 maddie this afternoon...IMHO the whole line is solid, and overall they are great smokes.

I had a big surprise the other night when I smoked a '64 natural. Here's a link to my observations on the PAN Torp - you may find them interesting. With the fantastic tastes of the PAM fresh in your memory, you may really enjoy the difference and similiarities of a PAN... :cool:

Best Regards - B.B.S.

RIGHT HERE Dickson. These still appear to be good. If you look around, you can usually beat those prices. When the shops around us have Padrons in stock, I find that they usually ask the prices listed here or slightly higher. That's okay too because I like to support the local shops and will buy a single or two from them when they have them in stock.

Any good shops down in Waterbury?

Joe Nice review, I am not much of a maduro fan, but when I have the urge to smoke one PAM's always hit the spot. I love the Padron Anni's, the 26's and 64's are great cigars, I find I can smoke at just about any time of the day, even a hot one like you had. No pool at my house, I just run through the sprinklers, lol

I am almost tempted to fire one up now...

Deez

Joe,

I burnt the one you gave me at the scotch herf!
Boy, it was as good as you described.
I loved every second of it! :love:
Thanks meng!

-Rob

Thanks guys!

I have had PAMs and PANs and several 26's, they are all excellent cigars.

Louie, I had no idea you're such a padron aficionado--I've only seen you with ISOM's and Anejos :p

Rob, Glad you liked it :cool: but was it the smoke or the scotch????? :whistling: :laugh:

Deez, sprinklers won't detract from the experience :D

Bill, I agree--I support the local B&M for loose sticks but I am sure you know where to get at or below MSRP for box buys :cool: BTW, when do you want to herf at Schelissinger's?

Wilkey, with your wide horizon :whistling: , that means a lot for this stick to make that impression :thumbs:

Brian, right on the money! ;)

Nice review.........These are my favorite PAM's....I love the principes for short smokes, and the exclusivos for the evening smoke........26's are good, but the 64's fit my budget better..........

Joe, I always have one of the 26 maddies with me that CC has been so gracious to part with. Watch out for that missile comin at ya the next time we herf:whistling:

Great review!
I have one I've been saving and you are tempting me to break it out :p