• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What A Waste Of A Good Cigar

The Volusianator

Tick Tock
So I have a box of Cohiba Siglo IV's that have been sitting since last July and tonight while I was working in the shop, I decided I'd give one a try again to see if they're ready. So I'm upstairs in the kitchen and Linda decides she's gonna get cute and put the cigar in her mouth. I get the camera (cause this is a rarity for her to touch a cigar) and as I take the picture, she laughs and it hits the floor. :( So she picks it up, places it on the counter, turns around and knocks it off again, back to the floor. :angry: So I pick it up this time and tell her "no more playing cigar girl." The wrapper is pretty badly cracked, but I decide to give it a try anyway ??? I made it about 1 1/2" into the stick before it just blew up on me. To bad too, it was pretty damn tasty! Oh well, back to the humidor and grab a 858 maddy and it was all good. Another 6-12 months and those IV's are gonna be niiiiiice!

CohibaLinda.jpg

CohibaDone.jpg

Sorry to hear that man. I enjoyed a smoke with the wife this weekend. I had a Par. 160 major she wanted to try a AF cigarillo (she is going back to her flavors). But I hear your pain.. :whistling: 60°F in sunny San Jose

That sucks!

In our house, we have a few rules:

1. My wife does not touch my cigars or my golf clubs.
2. I never touch my wifes sewing stuff.

That sucks!

That sucks!

This is almost as bad as last night when my buddy smoked an inch of a double corona EL 2003 and then put it down because it was plugged. I wanted to cry looking at it sitting there

That sucks!

Ahhhh, OK, I got it the first two times! :sign:

It's really no big deal, she apologized like 5 times, I just told her "it's only a cigar, no biggie", then went in the shop and cried! :laugh: Honestly, Linda is awesome if I'm away for a few days and cigars come in, when I get back, they're always resting comfortably in the humidor. She is careful, just got clumsy tonight. I still love her.

Look at the bright side you got a nice pic out of it, although the cigar was painful to look at. :0

Nice photo :)
Unfortunatelly only the first one ;(

I been thinking, and I wonder if next time you can use some wrapper leaf from another cigar (one that you particularly don't care for) to patch up the cracked wrapper on the one you plan to smoke. Of course the taste will be a bit different, but maybe the entire cigar might be smokeable rather than just a few centimeters.

I'll try it the next time i get a cracked cigar.

edited for structure/typo

I been thinking, and I wonder if next time you can use some wrapper leaf from another cigar (one that you particularly don't care for) to patch up the cracked wrapper on the one you plan to smoke. Of course the taste will be a bit different, but maybe the entire cigar might be smokeable rather than just a few centimeters.

Hmm... It might be a good idea, but what will You use as a glue?

Thats Sucks......that one is on my wish list....hate to see that happen!!

Hmm... It might be a good idea, but what will You use as a glue?

Saliva. Hopefully it will hold. Back when I was in college, I... uh... used my saliva and a strawberry philly wrapper and the... uh... "cigars" held up well.

but what will You use as a glue?

Saliva.
I tried that to begin with, just with saliva to keep the wrapper down, I think that made it worse. There is a product I saw at a herf, not sure of the name but it was in like a nail polish bottle with the little brush, it's supposed to be the same adhesive used in the cigar making process. I just don't know the name of the stuff.

There is a product I saw at a herf, not sure of the name but it was in like a nail polish bottle with the little brush, it's supposed to be the same adhesive used in the cigar making process. I just don't know the name of the stuff.

Sounds like you're referring to Pectin.

I just returned from Cuba and had some nice conversations with an experienced Habanos roller. Most of the tobacco farmers roll their own cigars and don't even use a wrapper leaf (Capa) on them... they just make the bunch, wrap a rough kind of binder leaf (Capote) around it and smoke away (probably because they don't have access to wrapper leaf). He made one for me and it was quite good, panetela size.

There is a product I saw at a herf, not sure of the name but it was in like a nail polish bottle with the little brush, it's supposed to be the same adhesive used in the cigar making process. I just don't know the name of the stuff.

Sounds like you're referring to Pectin.

I haven't seen this type of a product, but the pectin definitely works. I think the brand you can get in the supermarket is Certo. The only thing is, you only need a dab of it and it comes in big pouches that dont reseal. I guess you can throw it into a ziploc, but I'm not sure if it's anygood after being opened. I repaired some big cracks on about five or six cigars that split from swelling, and they held pretty well. It's almost as if the crack is rubber cemented.