• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What Are Some Good Affordable Cigars?

For those on the budget, here are some decent smokes for somewhere around $2-$4 bucks a piece:

Baccarat
Zino
Sancho Panza
Cuban Rounds
Perdomo Frescos
Montesinos (some are in this range)
Hoyo de Monterray (some are in this range)

Or you can go for some multi-pack type of cigars like:
Don Diego Babies
Romeo y Juliet Julietas
Macanudo Ascots
Etc..

Hope this helps.

Threads like this one may be useful after all. It roots out the asshats.

Doc.

Site Rules & Forum Etiquette
We striclty enforce the rules below. Failure to abide by our rules will result in suspension and/or banning of your account. Please see our banning policy below.

Rules

1.) Before posting a question (especially if it seems that it may be a common question), please use the search feature on the forum. Simply click the Search button, and type in what you're looking for. There's a good chance your question has already been answered.

We don't have many rules here, we just ask that you follow the one's that we do.

I'm all for rules and etiquette...but how many times have you seen some old FOG jump in and make the "try searching first noob" comment. Like I said that to me is more annoying then the redundant posting. Copy and pasting from the Rules and Etiquette forum just as you did would sever better. However we have 10 useless post and this
Devil Doc said:
f you would have looked 3/4's down the page you would have found THIS and saved yourself the aggravation. This is a cigar board that has been around for eight yrs. You don't think the question has been asked ad nauseum ? Asking the same questions over and over is a waste of bandwith and wasts our gracious host's money.
This kinda comment seems to be the only thing wasting bandwidth, time and money.

BTW: DID YOU NOT READ MY POST IN FULL??? I TRYED A SEARCH AND STATED THIS IN MY POST!!! PERHAPS I DID NOT SEARCH USING THE RIGHT WORD(S), BUT I DID NOT GET ANY RESULTS. PLEASE READ MY POST COMPLETELY BEFORE MAKING STATEMENTS THAT HAVE BEEN COVERED. THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME AND CONSIDERATION.

It's not all that good....No reason to yell....

2.) Treat others how you would like to be treated. No one is above the rules. Always treat the next person with respect.

As a newbie myself, I stay out of situations like this, but this is totally uncalled for imho.

Rich

Hey Admins, put a giant flashing banner in the header "SEARCH FIRST!!!!!"

Only 1 admin. We DID put up the banner. Weren't you looking?

My bad, NullSmurf. You are clearly managing enough to keep several admins busy. Much appreciated, seriously.

Not sure how serious I was about a banner, but I don't see much steering folks to "Search First". Is the banner gone now? It should be one of those fancy-like total browser window blocking layers that comes up after hitting "new topic". I don't know how serious I am being here.

You could also write an algorithm that analyzes the content of a new topic (title/body) before it gets posted that compares it to all existing content and determines how unique it is. If it falls below an accepted level of uniqueness, don't post it. (nerd humor?)

You could hire a bunch of FOGs with nothing better to do to screen each new topic. (ok, now i'm just being a jerk) ???

Or, you could just ignore the post.

CHEER UP LADDIES! This is the internet. searchfirst.com. oh, its taken. dang.

Obviously we're going to get some of the overflow from the recently acquired forums. I advise all new members to familiarize themselves with our rules. We do not have "mods"; no one is going to baby you. We're all adults, let's act like it. If you want a moderated community, go to PUFF.COM. If you want a true community where you're not controlled like a puppet, stick around.

Here are some cheap cigars I smoke while working in the yard, garage, etc:

JR Ultimate Cab selections (not to be confused with JR Alternates)
La Aroma De Cuba
J Fuego

Hey Admins, put a giant flashing banner in the header "SEARCH FIRST!!!!!"

Only 1 admin. We DID put up the banner. Weren't you looking?

My bad, NullSmurf. You are clearly managing enough to keep several admins busy. Much appreciated, seriously.

Not sure how serious I was about a banner, but I don't see much steering folks to "Search First". Is the banner gone now? It should be one of those fancy-like total browser window blocking layers that comes up after hitting "new topic". I don't know how serious I am being here.

You could also write an algorithm that analyzes the content of a new topic (title/body) before it gets posted that compares it to all existing content and determines how unique it is. If it falls below an accepted level of uniqueness, don't post it. (nerd humor?)

You could hire a bunch of FOGs with nothing better to do to screen each new topic. (ok, now i'm just being a jerk) ???

Or, you could just ignore the post.

CHEER UP LADDIES! This is the internet. searchfirst.com. oh, its taken. dang.

Bruce (NullSmurf) is not an "admin" or a moderator or anything else but a member of CigarPass. Rod is the "man" around here and we self-moderate as he has pointed out. If things go too far, he steps in. Otherwise, it's up to the established members to keep an eye on things.

Your snide comments aren't necessary.

Wow, seems like every post on the first page was edited. Too bad I missed what was there to begin with. I was thinking about what Rod said earlier, there will be an influx of new folks around here due to things happening in this virtual world and we can expect more frequent occurances fo this type of thing (not that it should be tolerated of course) than in the past until equilibrium finally set in once again.

A. Fuente Curlyheads are consumed ad nauseam by some of my more frugal smoking friends.

For those on the budget, here are some decent smokes for somewhere around $2-$4 bucks a piece:

Baccarat
Zino
Sancho Panza
Cuban Rounds
Perdomo Frescos

Don Diego Babies
Romeo y Juliet Julietas
Macanudo Ascots
Etc..

Hope this helps.

THANK YOU SOME MUCH. Instead of throwing out "DO A SEARCH" (which I attempted prior to posting - thank you), you have given me the information was looking for. I greatly appreate the fact that someone can actually read and share some knowledge.

I do not care about those of you who are simplely telling me to search or do what ever. It just lets me know that you are not here to help and try to be productive, just giving a simple - answer that does not help at all. If you had said something to the effect that, "try search under (blank)," like one person did would help more that just bashing me. Just try to help a fellow smoker out instead of slamming him is not the answer. Take the easy way out...that's all that is. Enough said, dead issue. I'm sure I'll get slammed for this but I do believe that I have been polite and have not made anyone feel inferior, I don't care if you've been here for years or days. It shouldn't matter!

Your snide comments aren't necessary.

Your right.

You know we spell our name the same? Seems like all I meet are Allens. Or Alens.

edit: yea I should clarify, i don't mean to offend. just being a light hearted jerk about things. apologies all around if I did.

Baccarat
Zino
Sancho Panza
Cuban Rounds
Perdomo Frescos

Don Diego Babies
Romeo y Juliet Julietas
Macanudo Ascots
Etc..

Hope this helps.

THANK YOU SOME MUCH. Instead of throwing out "DO A SEARCH" (which I attempted prior to posting - thank you), you have given me the information was looking for. I greatly appreate the fact that someone can actually read and share some knowledge.

I do not care about those of you who are simplely telling me to search or do what ever. It just lets me know that you are not here to help and try to be productive, just giving a simple - answer that does not help at all. If you had said something to the effect that, "try search under (blank)," like one person did would help more that just bashing me. Just try to help a fellow smoker out instead of slamming him is not the answer. Take the easy way out...that's all that is. Enough said, dead issue. I'm sure I'll get slammed for this but I do believe that I have been polite and have not made anyone feel inferior, I don't care if you've been here for years or days. It shouldn't matter!
You get what you put out, that's what humans feed off.

Look at HOW you answered the posts you are not happy with. Now you end off (I assume it's the end LOL), "I don't care about those who are simply telling me to search" That's disrespectful.

If you don't see it that way, good luck to you, your journey here will not last and that would be unfortunate, don't you think? Do some searching and see what you could be missing out on.

Brian

Hey newb, that guy that was so helpful, he's being run out of here for trying to gouge neophytes like you. You got a lot to learn, young fella. You should take a break, because you got a long uphill road to climb.

Doc.

Don't worry, I'm on my way out. So, I'd wish you all the best, but I think that would be a little too ironic because I really wouldn't mean it (with the exception of a couple of individuals). All I've gotten is slammed and bashed.

Nuts to that! I'm gone, so you don't have to worry about wasting your precious time and ratterling your brains to come up with snide comments to pick appart my posts.

Wow... In my short here, I am already seeing recurring themes in newbie posts. I am really starting to appreciate the read more, post less mantra.

Sorry about that mate. As you so pointed out "newbie posts" have recurring themes. That's why we post questions, to get assistance/advice from those who have more experience/knowledge. Sharing what we know is how we learn. That's what I think anyhow.

I also really hate the lable of "newbie." I think it said some where in the registration requirements that it's not how much you post, but what you post. Hmmmm?!?!

I'm just looking for some decent cigars. I smoke a pipe on a daily basis, because I hate cigs and I can't get decent affordable cigars. I hate to call them cheap...because that puts a negative lable on them, just like "newbie."

If I had the money, I'd be smoking the fine cigars I used to enjoy! I no longer have that benefit, and that is why I was looking for less expensive cigars because I still enjoy smoking cigars. I just do not want to smoke something that is inexpensive, but taste horable...that's all.

BTW: DID YOU NOT READ MY POST IN FULL??? I TRYED A SEARCH AND STATED THIS IN MY POST!!! PERHAPS I DID NOT SEARCH USING THE RIGHT WORD(S), BUT I DID NOT GET ANY RESULTS. PLEASE READ MY POST COMPLETELY BEFORE MAKING STATEMENTS THAT HAVE BEEN COVERED. THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME AND CONSIDERATION.

It's all good, I reckon...um hum!

Baccarat
Zino
Sancho Panza
Cuban Rounds
Perdomo Frescos

Don Diego Babies
Romeo y Juliet Julietas
Macanudo Ascots
Etc..

Hope this helps.

Point 1: As a NEWBIE my self, I have learned CP is much different. Post counts don't mean much. As a community that watches out for its own members, new people need to earn respect and a reputation. And the reputation is real big.

Point 2: On the otherhand, I have found everyone to be very helpful. If you were to go into someone elses house and disrespect them, would you expect the same back.

I do not care about those of you who are simplely telling me to search or do what ever. It just lets me know that you are not here to help and try to be productive, just giving a simple - answer that does not help at all.

I disagree. Telling someone to search IS helping them, because you will find much more than someone will repost. But I guess it can all be in the delivery.

If you had said something to the effect that, "try search under (blank)," like one person did would help more that just bashing me. Just try to help a fellow smoker out instead of slamming him is not the answer. Take the easy way out...that's all that is. Enough said, dead issue. I'm sure I'll get slammed for this but I do believe that I have been polite and have not made anyone feel inferior, I don't care if you've been here for years or days. It shouldn't matter!

Its hard to interpret tone in internet-speak, emoticons and all.

I know this has been asked before, I think I may have asked it myself.......but......

Why don't we have a waiting period between registration and activation in which the newb "MUST" acknowledge certain rules and expectations? Granted, anybody can be dumb enough to acknowledge the rules without reading or digesting them but it could well minimize the drama.

That... was not brutal at all... what a girly-boy.

All I saw in this post was some reminders to search before posting what you think may be a common question, combined with the gruff humour of Bruce and Devil Doc. If you can't take that sort of thing, may I recommend you stop smoking cigars and move on to flavoured milk and cookies?

............All I saw in this post was some reminders to search.........

What about my comment that was filled with a deep profundity, sagaciousness beyond expectation, harmonious mutual understanding, intelligent perifage and the like. Didn't you see that? :laugh:

BUH BYE 180SX.
gallery_998_773_6056.jpg

Take at look at my member number, when I started here I swear this board moved faster that it does now with three time the membership. The new guys are just triing to draw from your knowledge. Take a moment to answer or just move on, but do some of you need to be so fresh? If it is just tounge in cheek humor, it cannot be read in your posts...JMHO...anyhow I'll catch you guys at the Quad-State Herf and we will smoke our best! Good luck brothers.