• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What are you guys using as hygrometers?

personal User

I have been using multiple cheapies and calibrating them annually when I change batteries. Calibrating with 65% humipacks (multiple) in double plastic bags.

Then I had some issues where the cigars were clearly over humidified.

So, I bought some thermoworks pocket hygrometers

They showed I was at 71% and 73%!

I am thinking of ordering a couple more, thought I would check with you guys to see and see what you're using.

I am aware that these are not lab quality units, which would be in the thousands, but they seem reasonable and better than what I have been using.

Thought I would see what you guys are using.

SensorPush and Govee. Very fairly priced, easy to recommend. I've got three SensorPush units in my Staebell, a Govee in my dry box. I recommend salt testing and calibrating them but they've all been within a point when tested. So easy to set them up with the apps. Amazon has them all. Bang for the buck the Govee is tough to beat. Look them both over. ..really like mine

I have actually had great luck with Jedew and Goabroa. Both are cheap mini hygrometers sold on Amazon. All have been within 1% tested at 3 different humidity levels

I can't believe this thing is still working!

It was discontinued by Radio Shack when I bought it in 2008!

Three remote units, one in each coolidor, transmit to this base weather station.

1617636118093.png

Here's a previous discussion, along with my comments;

Thanks for that link, Blinded by Science.

Thanks for also not giving me grief about not having searched.

If I had, I would have come up with that recent thread. Great thread.

I've got a lot going on, and in my haste didn't search, because it was something I had been trying to get around to for several days.

Sorry about that. and for the benefit of anyone that comes across this thread, the link is where you find more and better information

I can't believe this thing is still working!

It was discontinued by Radio Shack when I bought it in 2008!

Three remote units, one in each coolidor, transmit to this base weather station.

View attachment 40960
I have a similar Radio Shack unit still in use, have upgraded a few of the remotes that went bad.

Temp Stick, been using for almost 4 years, never a problem. Have 6 of them strewn about in multiple humidors in multiple locations. I can monitor remote. Easy to calibrate and with a good lithium battery it lasts a year before having to change (batteries). You need WiFi at the location of the humidor/TempStick.