• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What cigar did you loose your "virginity" to

My first cigar was on New Year's Eve at a downtown celebration. Sixteen years old at the the time I sent one of my 18 year old girlfriend's friends in to the store for a pack of Phillie Blunts. :0 Thank all that is good in this world that I was too drunk to remember what it tasted like and possibly ruin cigars for me forever. :laugh: The next cigar, a year or two later, was a Macanudo. I can't recall if it was from a tin of 10, the caviar 3 pack, or a tubed portefino.

Sometimes I wonder if I would have started on cigars at all if I hadn't been so jelous as an early teenager of the box of Phillie Blunts my older brother (5 years) kept in his room.

1st cigar: King Edward the VII. I was 12. Smoked it under a bridge on the Moose river.

1st real cigar: Royal Jamaica PC, back when they were made in Jamaica

Doc.

My first was a Romeo y Julieta Reserva Maduro toro size. I was instantly hooked. My wife (fiance at the time) fired up something called a Big Butt since she thought the name was funny. She loved it. I've never seen it available anywhere since then.

My first was a CAO Brazilia. It left me pretty looped and a little pale, but I've survived to tell the tale and the next Brazilia I smoked was a much more enjoyable experience.

Volcano Cigar Company in Hawaii...Chocolate Macadamia flavored cigar. Wow! Then the next few were Havana Honey Rum and Honey flavored...then a Romeo y Julieta. And I hated it. So I went to ask the guy at the cigar store and he pointed me to the Rocky Patel 1990 vintage...and I've never had a flavored since then... :thumbs:

-Fetter

Same as Fetter... Volcano Cigar Co.! Except mine was Vanilla mac nut, and also Royal Hawaiian, Kona Coffee flavored. They sell these at all the damn ABC stores!!!
I'll admit it... I like them!!! ;)

David

Wish I knew,dad used to get boxes of cheapies white box with read lettering with size names like corona,palmas,etc etc.I smoked at least a dozen my self when I ran out of cigs at about 15yrs - 18yrs old.

He never got into more expensive cigars until I let him smoke the year before his death.I was smokeing avo xo's and maconudos and griffens at the time.He really loved the xo's.This was when I smoked regularly but way less frequent.

A freind of mine gave me my first, I'm not sure what it was, a Dutch Master or something similar. The first I bought was a Carribean Round, I also tried the Garcia Vegas, Phillies and Swishers. Then I bought a Robert Burns, and finally found Macanudo which was what hooked me. They are too mild now, but I have fond memories. :love: :laugh:

Wow,

You guys are good. I have no idea what my first smoke was. I do have vague recollections of smoking Backwoods and the occasional Garcia y Vega back in the early 90's but I can't for the life of me remember my first premium cigar. I do know that my first box purchase was La Gloria Cubana churchills, the NC stuff. I still have the empty. :D

Wilkey

Wow,

You guys are good. I have no idea what my first smoke was. I do have vague recollections of smoking Backwoods and the occasional Garcia y Vega back in the early 90's but I can't for the life of me remember my first premium cigar. I do know that my first box purchase was La Gloria Cubana churchills, the NC stuff. I still have the empty. :D

Wilkey

We all know your first cigar was most likely something flavoured. Don't try and hide it anymore Wilkey. ;)

Yowza,this one's a toughie!

I'd say probably a Dutch Masters since those are the ones that I remember most being sold in the bars my step father hung out in and that's gotta be at least 35 years ago. Then a few years later in my mid teens it was swisher sweets (Yeah I'll admit it!) :blush:

My 1st "good" cigar was just over a year ago. I was a 3+ pack a day cigarette smoker for over 30 years and I had 2 heart attacks in 3 days last year,so cigs were out of the question! I knew I had to smoke something so I went with cigars. I had tried a pipe about 15 years ago but found it cumbersome(sp?). So on the day I was released from the hospital I went to JR Cigars in Paramus and been smoking cigars ever since. I think my 1st cigar on the way back was a Gilspert or a Belinda Black. Not exactly sure which one.

When I was a teen I was introduced to Rum Soaked Crooks. Due to the same last name as mine, I was drawn to them. I wonder what I would think of them now?

My first good hand made was a Cuesta-Rey #9 Centro Fino - I was hooked! ;)

Same as Fetter... Volcano Cigar Co.! Except mine was Vanilla mac nut, and also Royal Hawaiian, Kona Coffee flavored. They sell these at all the damn ABC stores!!!

David

Damn! My wife brought me two cigars from her trip to Hawaii in May: a Vanilla Mac Nut and an Aloha Rum! It was a nice (yet painfully uneducated) gesture on her part.

I'll admit it... I ain't gonna try em!!!

(But now I know what to send you for any future poker losses!) :D

I was advised that Montecristo white was the best cigar
and told, "make sure it's the white". Ok, so I smoked
a Monte white, what did I know. It tasted like a cigar
I GUESS!

Brian

When I was a teen I was introduced to Rum Soaked Crooks. Due to the same last name as mine, I was drawn to them. I wonder what I would think of them now?

My first good hand made was a Cuesta-Rey #9 Centro Fino - I was hooked! ;)

Hey Steve,

I didn't know your last name was "Rum Soaked"

Well I'll be...you learn something new every day. ;)

And Zee, I have nothing to say to you. Bastige! :p

Wilkey

David

Damn! My wife brought me two cigars from her trip to Hawaii in May: a Vanilla Mac Nut and an Aloha Rum! It was a nice (yet painfully uneducated) gesture on her part.

I'll admit it... I ain't gonna try em!!!

(But now I know what to send you for any future poker losses!) :D

:D
I knew I should have kept quiet about those!!!

David

My first "cigar" was probly a white owl or a philly blunt. My first real one was a Punch. only about a year ago...

First cigar: Phillie producto (1983)
First real cigar: A. Fuente Short Story (Christmas eve 2005)

Puros Indios Rothschild Maduro purchased from the just-opened Outlaw Cigar Company! I am smoking one right now as a matter of fact.