• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What coffee did you drink today?

Trader Joe's Whole Bean Dark Roast is pretty solid. Beans are always very greasy looking right out of the package.
I send it through a burr grinder just before brewing a cup at a time. Very fine. Good bit of crema usually.

Just brewed a cup of Ethiopian home roast.
Did a new roast curve and also tried a new pour over method. All in all it seems to be hitting most of the right buttons for me.

Are all these you post bought mainly online... or do you have like a really good local bean shop?

I purchase online - I use a subscription service called Trade Coffee. I entered some of my preferences and they partner with roasters around the country to source them. I have been 100% satisfied with what I get from them. I'd guess that the power of the marketing and such from Trade helps to expose the roasters to a much wider audience than they would ordinarily see.

I do have one spot locally that does pretty well too, and I buy regularly from them as well.

I purchase online - I use a subscription service called Trade Coffee. I entered some of my preferences and they partner with roasters around the country to source them. I have been 100% satisfied with what I get from them. I'd guess that the power of the marketing and such from Trade helps to expose the roasters to a much wider audience than they would ordinarily see.

I do have one spot locally that does pretty well too, and I buy regularly from them as well.

That's cool. Looks like they hook you up with some really interesting roasters. I'll check them out.. if you get like a referral bonus or something, let me know so I can enter it.

Do you have a plan recommendation? It would be only me.. and I easily put away 3-4 cups a day.. even more in summer when I do cold most of the day. Gonna go peak now.. I won't join until I hear back from you though.. 👍

Here:

Determine how many grams of coffee you go through each day, and use that to determine your delivery schedule. I am usually perfect with getting one bag of coffee delivered per week. (Average bag of coffee is prob 310g or so)

I didn't post about Trade with the intention of having anyone sign up, but in the interest of full disclosure there is a referral code - I believe it is something like we each get a free bag of coffee or something like that? In any case, I'll look and PM you this week with the info.

Determine how many grams of coffee you go through each day, and use that to determine your delivery schedule. I am usually perfect with getting one bag of coffee delivered per week. (Average bag of coffee is prob 310g or so)

I didn't post about Trade with the intention of having anyone sign up, but in the interest of full disclosure there is a referral code - I believe it is something like we each get a free bag of coffee or something like that? In any case, I'll look and PM you this week with the info.

I posted it right before you did...

You just have to get a referral url for me to join thru.. and I'll take care of the rest. 👍

I didn't post about Trade with the intention of having anyone sign up, but in the interest of full disclosure there is a referral code..

Nope, you sure didn't... I just figured they probably had one.. most do these days. I'm glad I asked, and thanks for taking the time to sign-up and shoot me the info. Their site was about as easy as it gets and I like the ease and flexibility of the plan I chose. 🙌 ☕👍

Last edited:
Determine how many grams of coffee you go through each day, and use that to determine your delivery schedule.

Well, they already shipped (fast is good).. and first up is...

Screenshot_20240129-233021_Samsung Internet.jpg

Tried this one yet? You don't have to tell me your thoughts of it.. I try and go in unbiased. I will say, I can't recall ever having strawberry notes in my coffee before. Sounds yummy and the Kids Project sounds like a worthy endeavor to be supporting also. 👍

While I appreciate the gesture If it is all the same to you I think it would be better if you remove that referral link that I sent you.

I'm happy to chat about it with people who message me - I just don't think this thread is the place for referral links where there is a gain for me.

I hope that makes sense - Thanks!

Well, they already shipped (fast is good).. and first up is...

View attachment 78240

Tried this one yet? You don't have to tell me your thoughts of it.. I try and go in unbiased. I will say, I can't recall ever having strawberry notes in my coffee before. Sounds yummy and the Kids Project sounds like a worthy endeavor to be supporting also. 👍

Yes, I have!

While I appreciate the gesture If it is all the same to you I think it would be better if you remove that referral link that I sent you.

I'm happy to chat about it with people who message me - I just don't think this thread is the place for referral links where there is a gain for me.

I hope that makes sense - Thanks!

Np.. it's outta there!