• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What did you smoke today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Working on a cup of joe and a Liga Privada #9.

Life is good. :)

Wilkey

Just finished a...

Liga Privada #9 :laugh:

Working on the review right now as a matter of fact.

Smoked only one of the #9's thus far, it was remarkably good, to my surprise. :thumbs: I'd have to smoke a couple more to confirm. Looking forward to your opinion Shawn.

Working on a cup of joe and a Liga Privada #9.

Life is good. :)

Wilkey

Just finished a...

Liga Privada #9 :laugh:

Working on the review right now as a matter of fact.

Smoked only one of the #9's thus far, it was remarkably good, to my surprise. :thumbs: I'd have to smoke a couple more to confirm. Looking forward to your opinion Shawn.

Almost done with the review Tim, make sure to post how it tasted to you in it. To say I was surprised would be an understatement... :cool:

After going to the Phillies game with Hermitt11 I sat on the back porch and smoked one of my favorites... a Padron 2000 maddie. Damn you can't beat the flavor for the dollar on these.

Great night last night; myself, Indyrob and KeithS

P1010533.jpg

Started the morning with a Boli PC from 03. Had a HL (Holy Lancero) Illusione this afternoon gifted by LouTam (thank you Lou). Unforutantely it had an extremely loose draw. Still a damn good smoke full of creamy smooth smoke loaded with leathery chocolate. Grabbed an 05 Partagas No. 2 for this evening and ended up with a draw too tight to smoke. Sliced and diced it until only about two inches left and finally set it down. Very disappointed to waste that smoke!! Went back in and grabbed another Boli PC 03 and am enjoying it thoroughly as I type.

Had a "La" Aurora 1495 Series Corona with my coffee this morning and an Illusione ~cg:4~ this afternoon. I've moved the 1495 to the top spot on my "every day smoke" list.

Had a RP OWR maduro and a Perdomo wheel toro on the course yesterday and last night a Tat Black and an Opus double robusto. Had a Nub Habano today.

3x3 Robusto...I am starting to like these for every day cigars. They are mild enough for any time of day and they are well made enough to not make me mad. There is no complexity to the flavor but they are consistent in taste.

Had a nice Liga Privada no. 9 tonight. very good cigar. :)

Don

I smoked a 1+ year old Shark yesterday afternoon in mourning of my good pal Clarence. We got him after my first year of college, so he was more my brother's dog (I'm 9 years older than my brother) but when my mom passed away a few years ago, a week before my brother went off to school, suddenly Clarence was the only one left in the house to keep my dad company.

My dad called yesterday morning and told me that Clarence had been hit by a car and killed about 6 miles from home on the opposite side of town. He was an unruly and untrainable (or perhaps just willful and deliberately disobedient...) dog, and was a constant tester of boundaries. He had recently figured out a new way to escape from the yard (a long standing arms race between him and my dad that we thought had ended a few years ago) that my dad absolutely couldn't figure out. He was 13.5 years old and too old to jump the fence, but we've got no other ideas how he escaped--no holes in or under the fence, gate still latched, propped shut and tied, etc. He had escaped before, but he never travelled that far ever before as far as we know.

I figured that the Shark was a poetic tribute to him given the number of our belongings he bit and/or chewed up over the course of his life. I accompanied the cigar with a glass from a ~30 year old bottle of Jim Beam that was once part of my grandfather's stocked bar.

A great cigar marred by unhappy circumstances.

Doggy669resized.jpg

RIP, Clarence. We'll miss you buddy.

2007 Anejo Shark

I only smoke a few Anejos a year really, and they never cease to amaze me. Just fabulous cigars.

Smoked a Party Short and Padron 1926 #35 Maduro yesterday. No disappointment with either one.

On Friday, Liga IV Almirante (I have no idea why these didn't sell, they're very good); today, Astral Churchill (smoked halfway, got harsh) and Jericho by Camacho Robusto (excellent).

Have to get the camera out to post a review of the Liga IV. And the Jericho. Both blends worth buying; both brands that never got leverage.

Thanks, Wurm.

Went to check out Mike's storefront this afternoon and had a Short Story with a classmate. Great little cigar. Packed a bit of a punch. They've got a funny little lounge in what seems to have once been a bank vault.

Status
Not open for further replies.