• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What do you think about cubans?

What is your opinion of Cuban cigars

• They are over-rated

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The best on earth

• As good as other countries

• never tried one

• Total voters
Didn't take the poll because it was too much one way or another. IMO, there are some cuban cigars that the Dom, Hon, Nic can't touch..... but would not go as far as to say they "all" are better than any other.

Michael, the previous poll you posted has a lot more business being in the cigar discussion room than 80% of the other post currently in there. I was the one that originally asked for our new board members to try and post in the correct forums and it was more directed at the people posting about lighters, baggy give aways, lotteries...etc. All of those other posts have more appropriate forums to go in and not clutter the particular forum that was designed to talk about cigars. JMO

Not back to our regular scheduled poll. :thumbs:

do not know which one to pick.

Have tried a few and liked most of them.
One or two were overpriced, but the rest were from trades.
I liked them though. Have had 3 Bolivar PCs that knocked my socks off everytime.

On the other hand, have also enjoyed some domestic smokes as well.

Mikey,
Tough questions I have to agree with Kenny ......

I certainly like the cubans I choose to stock in my hummi Bolis, Sig IIIs, Montes but I can't say they are the best ever, and depending on the cigar size you enjoy smoking you can buy some cubans cheaper than some top self Dominicans and Hondurans.

You know how that old candy commercial goes "some days I feel like a nut some days I don't" that the same with my taste, there's days that call for a cuban and others days I am reaching for a dominican.

BenjieV :D

I'd have to agree with you there Benji, some times I'm in the mood for a Cuba and then some times I'm in the mood for a Dominican. :D

Damit, now I've got that song stuck in my head. Some days I feel like a nut and some times I don't, almond Joy has nuts and Benji don't.... :sign:
Thanks alot brother, now I'll probably sing it all night. :sign: :sign: :sign:

MMmmm Good, MMMMmmm good ooops soup to nuts LMAO :D

I know what ya mean I've been humming that damn tune in my head all day at work ;)

For me there are some great Domincans that have been aging in my hummi that I like to go to more often but there is always room for a nice cuban as well.

;)

I believe it is all a matter of taste, some really like Cubans, and others could care less, you are the only one that can make that decision. I for one really like Cubans, but then again I really like some domestic cigars. :D

I've found some very good ones, but not all are as good as what we can get here.

Tough question to answer and I did choose "best on earth" because the top notch ISOM's I have had have outdone other country cigars in a heart beat. That said however, there are several brands from other countries that I enjoy immensely and have no problem at all with and depending on what 2 sticks I would have to choose from, may pick a "domestic" over an ISOM in several situations.

Personally I think there is more than enough room in my humi for both, though wouldn't mind a seperate humi just for my ISOM's :D

Sam

Like several others have alread stated, some are the "Best", some are just so so.
Each country makes some great cigars, with their own distinctive taste. I like most everyone else here like to keep a few of each around, you never know what your going to smoke till you look in the humi. ;)

Guess I'm the only one on the 'never tried one', as I've yet to have the opportunity.

Have to admit, I'm somewhat jaded, but in the opposite way. Throughout the many online cigar reviews I've read, there's just one that always bothered me....when the review is supposed to be of a non-Cuban make cigar, but turns into either A) a talkfest about how much better the Cuban make of the same cigar is, which practically ignores the NC the review was supposed to cover, or B) a slam session on how pitiful the NC is when compared to the Cuban make. Don't know why, but it bothers me.....and a touch of that carries over when I think of trying a Cuban....

HEY,Its like Coors beer years ago....if you cannot get you want it.There are some great ISOMS but Ill take Dom Rep....