• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What gives?

Jsilverhands

Okay so a short story.

This week i posted in the today's smoke about wanting to try the regular oliva V. And proudly proclaimed it was likely the wrapper of the melanio, a sumatra wrapper, I didn't feel for much. And therefore this regular v series should be better with a habano sungrown wrapper.

And while it definitely was, for the smoke of that particuler day.

Why must I find different WBF (wrapper Binder filler) descriptions online

So while halfwheel states the following:

Oliva Serie V Toro
  • Wrapper: Ecuadorian Habano Sun Grown
  • Binder: Nicaragua
  • Filler: Nicaragua
Oliva Serie V Melanio Figurado
  • Wrapper: Ecuadorian Sumatra
  • Binder: Nicaragua
  • Filler: Nicaragua
  • Vitola: Figurado

Oliva however just states:
Regular V
Wrapper – Ecuador
Binder – Nicaragua
Filler – Nicaragua
"finished with a high priming Habano Sun Grown Wrapper"

Melanio
Wrapper – Ecuador
Binder – Nicaragua
Filler – Nicaragua

It this a common experience or is this just a anomaly on halfwheels part. It's kinda a big blend difference that I would expect to be posted on the review site and not the producer site.

Anyhow just needed to vent this info.

It's driving me crazy knowing I now need to revisit the melanio to ensure I didn't misjudge it. Well not that part in particular :) , but not knowing how to pinpoint a difference in a blend where the cigars are almost called the same really makes my head hurt 🤔

So anybody know the exact construction? Or have similar gripes?

InCollage_20220831_231226125.jpg

Oliva used to list exactly what Halfwheel did on their website in regards to the regular Oliva V. I remember reading it the first time I tried the blend and it blew me away. I don’t know why they shortened it to just Eucador. The Lancero is one of few NC cigars I still really enjoy. It’s a beautiful silky wrapper!

Oliva used to list exactly what Halfwheel did on their website in regards to the regular Oliva V. I remember reading it the first time I tried the blend and it blew me away. I don’t know why they shortened it to just Eucador. The Lancero is one of few NC cigars I still really enjoy. It’s a beautiful silky wrapper!
Will definitely give it a shot. Thanks 😊