• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What has been your experience with moldy cigars?

jfields introduced me to this thread when I mentioned a funky smell in my coolidors. Just to clarify, are you adding two ounces of the 10 or 20 PPM solution to a gallon of water?

jfields introduced me to this thread when I mentioned a funky smell in my coolidors. Just to clarify, are you adding two ounces of the 10 or 20 PPM solution to a gallon of water?

Yes

I’ve been buying and using the 20ppm version Jeff. Sometimes I put a little more than two ounces per gallon.

I’ve been buying and using the 20ppm version Jeff. Sometimes I put a little more than two ounces per gallon.
Seems like some amazing stuff. A couple teaspoons orally seems to have incredible health benefits and a couple ounces in a gallon of distilled water can work wonders in my coolidor. I think I'll have a beer☺

Me too John....err on the side of a little too much than not enough. When it comes to my coolers, I air them out when I do my humidification routine once a month by leaving to lids open for an hour or two. Same thing with my Aristocrat...a little fresh air does our cigars good.

Hey guys i ordered a 5 pack of tabernacle cigars from cigar place and can't figure out if its plume or mold even there is a thing called plume would love to hear your opinions

Attachments

• IMG_4238(1).jpg
    IMG_4238(1).jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_4238.jpg
    IMG_4238.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_4237.jpg
    IMG_4237.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_4248.jpg
    IMG_4248.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 30
I don't see much of anything on those cigars. Maybe it's just the tooth of the wrapper leaf you're seeing? I don't really see any mold and I would think plume would be hard to photograph while the cigar is still in the cellophane.

Hey guys i ordered a 5 pack of tabernacle cigars from cigar place and can't figure out if its plume or mold even there is a thing called plume would love to hear your opinions
Hard to tell from your pics just what it is...maybe slipping them out of the cello will help. But know this, plume is a unicorn...very few, if any...have ever seen it. If there are white dots on your cigars, it's mold. Just wipe them down and smoke them. If you're going to rest them for a while, separate them from the rest of your stock as a precautionary measure.

Happy smoking...those are some nice cigars!

Hey guys sorry for the long delay in the response i got a big stash and want to age them with it so i got some pics without the cellphone

Attachments

• 20200414_193225.jpg
    20200414_193225.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 20200414_193149.jpg
    20200414_193149.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 20200414_193215.jpg
    20200414_193215.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 9
I agree with black cloud. Mold is definitely noticeable from a foot away. Close up pics may relate to many different things that the elders here could relate to. Mold you will definitely notice tho. I think you’re good just watch for larger white spots = mold

I agree with black cloud. Mold is definitely noticeable from a foot away. Close up pics may relate to many different things that the elders here could relate to. Mold you will definitely notice tho. I think you’re good just watch for larger white spots = mold
Thanks bro