• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What have you been reading lately?

I just finished Heat by Bill Buford. Excellent book about a guy that goes on from a newspaper columnist to a cook for Mario Batali. Now onto Emile Zola's The Belly of Paris, with Hunter S. Thompson's The Rum Diaries next.

Working my way through the Flashman series by George MacDonald Fraser (Flashman in the Great Game). Fraser provides fantastic historical background for the knavish actions of Flashy.

I just finished reading First Man: The Life of Neil A. Armstrong by James R. Hansen.

Just started Hood from the King Raven Trilogy by Stephen R. Lawhead.

John Grisham - The Broker, Stephen King - Duma Key, Stephen King - From a Buick 8 and currently John Grisham The Last Juror.

Working my way through the Flashman series by George MacDonald Fraser (Flashman in the Great Game). Fraser provides fantastic historical background for the knavish actions of Flashy.

I've only read the first installment of this series and I was laughing my ass off! Looking forward to reading the rest when I find them.

For the last two months I have been reading any books I could find on Cuban Cigars. It has kind of become an obsession. Oddly enough books on the topic are not easy to come by. Much of it is dated, and by that I mean outdated. I am actually surprised that there are not more books on the topic of Cuban Cigars and really just Cigars in general.

For the last two months I have been reading any books I could find on Cuban Cigars. It has kind of become an obsession. Oddly enough books on the topic are not easy to come by. Much of it is dated, and by that I mean outdated. I am actually surprised that there are not more books on the topic of Cuban Cigars and really just Cigars in general.

I've noticed that myself. I was in Books A Million last night and could not find one single book about cigars.

Decided to revisit a few classics. Just finished up the Great Gatsby and getting started on A Brave New World, then on to The Sound And The Fury.

Decided to revisit a few classics. Just finished up the Great Gatsby and getting started on A Brave New World, then on to The Sound And The Fury.

Good ones. Brave New World is a favorite. Sound and the Fury I couldn't stand. Hope you have better luck with that.

Crossing the Plains, McCarthy.

Good ones. Brave New World is a favorite. Sound and the Fury I couldn't stand. Hope you have better luck with that.

Crossing the Plains, McCarthy.

I've never read A Brave New World. I knew the basic plot going in and I'm only on Chapter 4 but it is damn good! The Sound And The Fury I haven't read since the tenth grade so I'm anxious to see what it will be like with a different frame of reference. I read the Great Gatsby about that same time and in reading it now, it was like I never read it before! Amazing..... almost like someone rewrote the book. Funny the way that is.....

through the powers of interlibrary loan, I managed to score a copy of The Ultimate Cigar Book by Richard Carleton Hacker, Third Edition, Tenth Anniversary Edition - about halfway through it so far, and seems pretty interesting :thumbs:

sometimes, I love my job :cool:

Foreign Influence by Brad Thor.

Gotta have a good book when working a 12 hour night shift!

Finished up Hemingway's Farewell to Arms and am currently reading The Sun Also Rises. And for the RTS fan in me, StarCraft: Shadow of the Xel'Naga.

I'm currently reading Too Big to Fail: The Inside Story of How Wall Street and Washington Fought to Save the Financial System - And Themselves. Very interesting ready and things make much more sense when you get the behind the scenes perspective of what is taking place behind closed doors. It is written by Andrew Ross Sorkin. It may not be as entertaining as Michael Lewis' The Big Short: Inside the Doomsday Machine, but it really does help put things into perspective. You really get a sense of how stupid and how f'd up things are...

Great thread. Didn't know it existed.

I'm currently working on Ghost Rider by Neil Peart. I've had it 2 years and finally started it a month ago. It's giving me a whole new perspective on the man. He's a really good writer.

I need to keep working on some classics. So many to tackle. So little time.

Just got finished reading North by Northwestern. For those of you who watch Deadliest Catch you know who they are. Very interesting book with a lot of history.