• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What have you been watching?

Well, I started and finished Game of Thrones on HBO & the 6th season of Bosch on Amazon Prime & here we still are "social distancing." Having a hard time finding good shows. I'm picky. Pretty stoked a 2nd season is coming soon for Hanna though.

~Boar
@ Boar

Have you watch The Last Kingdom on Netflix? Like Vikings only a lot better

Justified, one of my favorites... Bosch, Prodigal Son, Humans, The Rookie

I watched OITNB last year when we first moved over here and I was stuck in our apartment all day. I really enjoyed the show. I tried watching it several years ago, but couldn't get into it past the first episode. This past turn, I'm not sure what was different, but I really, really liked it. Well-acted, for the most part, and each character is dynamic and deep. Much more to them than when they are first presented to you. Most of them go through true character arcs, for better or for worse. I don't remember what season was what, exactly, as I binged it straight through. What is going on in S5 right now. I think I liked S3 (I think it was) with the prison riot the best. Once you are done with the series I'll tell you more of my thoughts on how it all ended.

On Season 6 right now. Riot just finished. I don't want to say too much in case anyone is watching.

I’ve been watching Person of Interest in my spear time......it safe and predictable. We also got a Hulu account and started Killing Eve which is not safe and predictable.

I also watched a Netflix series called The Spy this weekend. Sasha Baron Cohen in a serious role portraying a famous Israeli spy during the 1960s. He did pretty well in the role and it was a pretty good story, but it took a couple of episodes to get used to him in a serious role. I'm too used to seeing him in faux-serious roles so I kept waiting for punchlines that never came.

Anyone watching the new Penny Dreadful City of Angels?
I'm not sure what I think about it just yet. Set in 1938. We've got Natalie Dormer playing several roles. Nathan Lane is a Jewish Police Detective. The brother from Everyone Loves Raymond is a Jewish gangster. Ed Harris's wife is running a religious money grab. Rory Kinnear is a pro-Nazi doctor. Brent Spiner "Data" from Star Trek TNG is police chief.
I’m on the fence so far but the cast is great. I got bored and started watching old eps of House, which is definitely outshining most of what I have seen recently even 15 years later.

Family watched All American. It was good, for high school drama and a football story.

Just finished Ozark, man what an ending to Season 3. I've been told Outer Banks is next, we'll see.
Ozark is good stuff, will be a long wait for season 4. We watched outer banks, it was entertaining as long as you suspend disbelief often. Basically taking the core of Goonies and reinventing it.

I’m on the fence so far but the cast is great. I got bored and started watching old eps of House, which is definitely outshining most of what I have seen recently even 15 years later.

Was telling my wife, I hope the story picks up some speed and action soon, but it doesn't feel like it wants to.

I’ve been watching Person of Interest in my spear time......it safe and predictable. We also got a Hulu account and started Killing Eve which is not safe and predictable.
Regarding Killing Eve, I was just mentioning it to my GF last night that it's a very strange show. I don't understand half of it, yet the other half still keeps me watching.

By the way, in the next to last episode that just aired, at the end when Villanelle (played by Jodie Comer) is riding the train, her acting absolutely blew me away. I had to watch that scene multiple times. Absolutely stunning bit of acting, in my opinion.

I really enjoyed that show. They managed to keep the "background mythos/conspiracy" at just the right level, which very few shows since X-Files have successfully done. And the finale is deeply satisfying---like Burn Notice or Justified, when you get there you'll feel like you've reached the end of a story well told.

Killing Eve amazes me. There is SO DAMN MUCH going on inside every single character, just under the surface, and all the actors are incredible at showing you just enough of it.

For those of you who liked Snowpiercer, there's a series based on it that just launched. I'm watching it on Amazon but I think it might be TNT? Anyway, the series premiere was GREAT. I'm hoping it stays that good!

If you haven't watched the movie, well . . . . . you SHOULD.

Probably first.

~Boar

I really enjoyed that show. They managed to keep the "background mythos/conspiracy" at just the right level, which very few shows since X-Files have successfully done. And the finale is deeply satisfying---like Burn Notice or Justified, when you get there you'll feel like you've reached the end of a story well told.

Killing Eve amazes me. There is SO DAMN MUCH going on inside every single character, just under the surface, and all the actors are incredible at showing you just enough of it.

For those of you who liked Snowpiercer, there's a series based on it that just launched. I'm watching it on Amazon but I think it might be TNT? Anyway, the series premiere was GREAT. I'm hoping it stays that good!

If you haven't watched the movie, well . . . . . you SHOULD.

Probably first.

~Boar

I have been meaning to watch Person Of Interest since the damn show started several years ago. I'm a big fan of Michael Emerson from LOST, but never started the show for reasons or another. It's definitely on the list, though.

I watched Snowpiercer on an airplane a bunch of years ago (ok, 2014, because it was on the A380 from FRF-SFO, but that's neither here nor there...) and thought it was a well-done take. When it was announced about two years ago that a series was supposed to be produced, my interest was piqued. If it's on Amazon, I'll have to give it a look.

We've got Natalie Dormer...

Sold.

I just binged UPLOAD on amazon prime in less than 24 hours. Fun series. thanks @CBoukal for mentioning it in our virtual herf thread!

We've started Bloodline and Picard recently. Midway though Bloodline and it has a really good plot full of twists and turns. Picard is good, we're only a few episodes into it but it's a good encore to the STNG enterprise.

We are working our way through Homecoming on Amazon. It has Julia Roberts. Its.... different. Took me 6 ep to enjoy it or even know what the hell I was watching but it appears to be paying off. I have 7 ep left of Season 1 so we'll see.

So, my wife started binge watching Outer Banks...which is kind of like watching Scooby Doo with a bit more violence and swearing. The cast even has its own version of the Mystery Machine!

We almost exclusively watch Anime in our house. We just finished Assassination Classroom and are up to date on One Piece. I think back and catch up on Black Clover and maybe restart Attack on Titan.

I watched Snowpiercer on an airplane a bunch of years ago (ok, 2014, because it was on the A380 from FRF-SFO, but that's neither here nor there...) and thought it was a well-done take. When it was announced about two years ago that a series was supposed to be produced, my interest was piqued. If it's on Amazon, I'll have to give it a look.

I don't know how many episodes are planned, but it was only $5.98 for the whole season on Amazon. For that price I was MORE than willing to roll the dice on whether it sucked or not. Fortunately the premiere was excellent!

~Boar

Recently watching killing eve. It’s not terrible, but I feel season 3 (currently running) is quite lacking.