• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What I Love About CP

StinkiMonki

Cimb in the back with your head in the clouds and
I recently purchased some great smokes from a great BOTL in the BST forum. Not only where they some of my favorites, but the price was generously low. I am a couple of months away from a year here at CP and have been blessed with a number of new friends and overwhelmed with thoughtfulness and generosity. I have been on the receiving end of many kind words from other members and continously witness random acts of kindness.

I'm not sure I would ever expect to receive the following PM from anywhere else on the planet:

Geoff,

Hey brother. We've got a small situation.

I was going through the nonsense of packaging everyone's cigars, etc etc etc, and I realized I put your sampler in the wrong box. So, I yanked out my pocket knife and sliced open the corner of the box. As is my luck, I barely knicked the foot of the [cigar].

Ya.
I know.
I'm an idiot.
All hope is not lost, though.

The real bitch of it is, I was being very very careful doing it, too. The cigar must have been rested perfectly against where my knife made contact with the corner.

Anyway, the damage is very minimal. It is right at the foot of the cigar, and just through the wrapper/binder. It's not even the size of a pea, possibly 3-5 millimeters (just guestimating). This is completely unacceptable in my eyes. Even though the cigar will more than likely smoke perfectly and the damage will be completely gone after 1-2 draws -- it is NOT OKAY to send damaged cigars. Especially [$$]+ dollar damaged cigars. Even more so [cigar].

The perdicament is the fact that I do not have another one of these cigars handy. So - what I did was mail you your 5 cigars as promised, and I hand picked 3 of your profile favorites from my humidor and added them to the package. In addition, I'd like to PayPal you some money back if you'd give me your email address. MO works too I suppose. When you get the package, whatever you believe is a fair $$$ - let me know ASAP. You can keep the [cigar].

Cheers and my sincere apologies,

[NAME WITHELD]

[edited in brakcets]

This is the reason I love being apart of this community!

Humbly,

Geoff

I haven't been on here for more then a few months total, and everyone has treated me excellent, even though I am still developing myself in the forums. It's little gestures that I read about, such as yours, that just solidify how special CP is, and how lucky I am to be part of an OUTSTANDING community of BOTL's ...

I recently purchased some great smokes from a great BOTL in the BST forum. Not only where they some of my favorites, but the price was generously low. I am a couple of months away from a year here at CP and have been blessed with a number of new friends and overwhelmed with thoughtfulness and generosity. I have been on the receiving end of many kind words from other members and continously witness random acts of kindness.

I'm not sure I would ever expect to receive the following PM from anywhere else on the planet:

Geoff,

Hey brother. We've got a small situation.

I was going through the nonsense of packaging everyone's cigars, etc etc etc, and I realized I put your sampler in the wrong box. So, I yanked out my pocket knife and sliced open the corner of the box. As is my luck, I barely knicked the foot of the [cigar].

Ya.
I know.
I'm an idiot.
All hope is not lost, though.

The real bitch of it is, I was being very very careful doing it, too. The cigar must have been rested perfectly against where my knife made contact with the corner.

Anyway, the damage is very minimal. It is right at the foot of the cigar, and just through the wrapper/binder. It's not even the size of a pea, possibly 3-5 millimeters (just guestimating). This is completely unacceptable in my eyes. Even though the cigar will more than likely smoke perfectly and the damage will be completely gone after 1-2 draws -- it is NOT OKAY to send damaged cigars. Especially [$$]+ dollar damaged cigars. Even more so [cigar].

The perdicament is the fact that I do not have another one of these cigars handy. So - what I did was mail you your 5 cigars as promised, and I hand picked 3 of your profile favorites from my humidor and added them to the package. In addition, I'd like to PayPal you some money back if you'd give me your email address. MO works too I suppose. When you get the package, whatever you believe is a fair $$$ - let me know ASAP. You can keep the [cigar].

Cheers and my sincere apologies,

[NAME WITHELD]

[edited in brakcets]

This is the reason I love being apart of this community!

Humbly,

Geoff

This is why i have come to love this community also. I have had the luck of my own to be able to send a BOTL something they have been looking for and they have sent me something i have been wanting also. Everyone here seem to be very kind and wanting to give nothing but their knowledge we all seek to better yourselves. This is the exact reason why i look forward to being here for years to come. I am glad to see that there are such generous members out there.

This is the reason I keep coming back.

Glad to see things haven't changed around hear

When I describe this place to other cigar guys or even non cigar folks I say Cigarpass had renewed my faith in the human race

It does seem hard to explain to folks that have no experience with decent people, i tip my hat to you all. :) :thumbs:

It does seem hard to explain to folks that have no experience with decent people, i tip my hat to you all. :) :thumbs:
:thumbs: CigarPass, where "above and beyond" is the new "good enough." :thumbs:

Wilkey

You know what I love about CP? The Memphis Belle babe straddling a cigar!

Haha... oh, and the community is ok I guess. ;)

Hats off to the seller, and it could not happen to a nicer guy. Geoff is a class act, and I am sure he would have handled that situation in the same way. Karma and CP at is finest... :thumbs:

Reminded of the saying "the strength of the wolf is in the pack, and the strength of the pack is in the wolf"

There are some seriously generous brothers here, I would recommend to any newbie to get envolved. Do so slow no need to make waves like some other guys... :whistling:

Remember to PIF

Nothing like good communication, it solves a ton of problems!

Well done :thumbs:

I'm just here for the flame wars.

Kidding! Just kidding! :sign:

This really is a community and I'm honored to be a small part of it.

Well you know it wasn't me, I would have just sent you a bag of poop and a rebanded white owl.

Exactly why I stick around here, and yes Geoff is a class act! :thumbs:

I may be brand new to the community here, but i've already seen a lot of things that really impress me. Hoping to slowly get involved and enjoy some of the perks, as well as offer some of my own generosity in the near future. Glad to be a part of all this.

-Matt