• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What is it with people who smoke with the bands on

I let the band stay until I've smoked close to it. The cigar looks better with it on. I've never even thought about staining my fingers :p By this time the stick has gotten hotter and softer so the band is easier to remove.

lucasbuck said:
I don't worry about it much. Most of the cigars I smoke are bandless anyway.
[snapback]195393[/snapback]​

What he said. :thumbs:

I always take mine off 1st. Why have something to mess with while I'm smoking it? I have never had a problem removing one. And I have no interest in looking cool to the next guy :cool: . If someone asks what I am smoking and they don't believe me because they can't see the band, that's thier own problem.

Lemon said:
I let the band stay until I've smoked close to it. The cigar looks better with it on. I've never even thought about staining my fingers :p By this time the stick has gotten hotter and softer so the band is easier to remove.
[snapback]195495[/snapback]​

Told ya :p

Hell I'm leaving it on just to piss you off now. :angry2:

:D

I take them off when ever they loosen up. I put them into a cigar box and save them. Some of them are really wild to look at.

All kidding aside now, I have found that when the cigar itself is hotter and softer, the more potential to damage it. I like being able to mess with the band while the cigar is nice and firm and smoke isn't coming out of it. Like I said maybe the glue gets softer, but I don't think it hurts when the glue is harder, parhaps it is more brittle and easier to snap off.

Secondly if you want people to know what you're smoking, leave the band on the table as you're smoking the cigar. As a plus, you'll really look like you're king sh!t if you're smoking multiple sticks in one session and you have a row of Opus/PAM/whatever other primo sticks you're proud of lined up in front of you at a herf.

cigardawg said:
Because I freakin' want to...I got no 'splainin to do to you. :sign:
[snapback]195365[/snapback]​

Yea...

Sometimes I remove mine before sparking up sometimes not. Today I am DEFInatley leaving mine just 'cause I want to.

Do you take the polo jockeys off your shirts too? Unless it doesn't come with a band it's all the same. Why take it off before you smoke it? What do you have to hide? I think taking the band off is trying too hard to not be pretentious. It's like you are saying you have something so good you had to take your band off as to not make anyone feel bad, that or you're smoking a rocket and don't want anyone to know. Also, I think taking it off and placing it in front of you for all to see is even worse. That's like walking into a place and tossing your keys up on the bar so everyone sees what you drive. Arguments can be made on both sides but it's safer to take it off then the glue warms up.

I take my bands off purely because I usually smoke cigars down to the band, or in my case, to where the band used to be. I find it easier to remove the band prior to lighting it than after it's burned to within even an inch.

I smoke what I like, not what with which I think other people would be impressed. I have nothing to hide, and I don't find self-worth in the brand of cigars I smoke.

Lumberg said:
I take my bands off purely because I usually smoke cigars down to the band, or in my case, to where the band used to be. I find it easier to remove the band prior to lighting it than after it's burned to within even an inch.

I smoke what I like, not what with which I think other people would be impressed. I have nothing to hide, and I don't find self-worth in the brand of cigars I smoke, and those who do are stupid, insecure morons! diaf
;)

:p

[snapback]195597[/snapback]​

I leave mine on because I'm a POORASS REDNECK AND I SMOKE BETTER QUALITY CIGARS THAN THE SNOTTY BIATCHS IN THE SHOPS I FREQUENT ??? . Ok now that we got that out....ummmm no reason I just hope they come off easier when they heat up and get soft. :whistling:

Prolly because they don't put bands on Black and Miles and Swishers. eh!?!?! :thumbs: Someone had to say it! And y'all are gettin' slow 'round here! :p

Floyd T. :sign:

PS: Band comes off when it's time! ;)

bfreebern said:
I'm w/ Lucasbuck. 90% of mine are bandless anyway.
[snapback]195562[/snapback]​

SKYDIVNEKD said:
Prolly because they don't put bands on Black and Miles and Swishers. eh!?!?! :thumbs: Someone had to say it! And y'all are gettin' slow 'round here! :p

Floyd T. :sign:

PS: Band comes off when it's time! ;)

bfreebern said:
I'm w/ Lucasbuck.  90% of mine are bandless anyway.
[snapback]195562[/snapback]​
[snapback]195605[/snapback]​

Grape and Peach.......mmmmmmmmm.

Lumberg said:
Lumberg said:
I take my bands off purely because I usually smoke cigars down to the band, or in my case, to where the band used to be.  I find it easier to remove the band prior to lighting it than after it's burned to within even an inch.

I smoke what I like, not what with which I think other people would be impressed.  I have nothing to hide, and I don't find self-worth in the brand of cigars I smoke, and those who do are stupid, insecure morons!  diaf
;)

:p 

[snapback]195597[/snapback]​
[snapback]195600[/snapback]​

Makes the most sense to me!

I usually take the band off before smoking partially because I can get it off easier, but sometimes it does damage the wrapper in some way. Usually a small tear where the glue has partially stuck. Mostly I take the band off because I want to have someone actually ask what I am smoking so I can actually explain how much better it is than everyone else's.

In the end the real reason for leaving it on or removing it is nebulous at best.

If it will come off easy, I'll try to remove it before sparking. Otherwise I smoke until it feels ready to come off, especially when they are stuck because of an overlapping band - nothing worse than tearing he wrapper and then having to deal with a high maintenance cigar.

(OK, maybe a high maintenance woman is worse :p )