• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What Is On Your Radar Right Now?

Diapers and baby formula with some laundry detergent thrown in just to keep things interesting

Oh! What is that new cigar by, I think, Robaina's Nephew? Maybe? Seems I read about a non cuban blend that he collaborated on. It sounded interesting but a bit expensive. If I knew more about his blending skill, I might not be so leary but, I wouldn't mind trying one or three.

MadMonk said:
Oh! What is that new cigar by, I think, Robaina's Nephew? Maybe? Seems I read about a non cuban blend that he collaborated on. It sounded interesting but a bit expensive. If I knew more about his blending skill, I might not be so leary but, I wouldn't mind trying one or three.
Dan, it's Alejandro's Grandson, Hirochi, who collaborated with Cubanacan in Esteli.  The line is called Hirochi Robaina HR and the band is almost identical to the Vegas Robaina... instead of an R it's an HR.  It has Nicaraguan fillers with a nice, dark Ecuadoran Habano wrapper.

I've had the Hirochi Robaina HR Sublime.  It's a gorgeous cigar and well constructed.  I found the flavors very good and very typical Nicaraguan... cedar, pepper, coffee with some shortbread sweetness in the middle third.  Very good... but I don't find it worthy of the rave reviews it's getting in the blogosphere.  I think maybe it needs more time, but it's definitely worth a try.

Tall Paul said:

Shorter smokes in general, Habanos minutos/petite coronas in particular.  I'm finding larger smokes taking up too much time as family time & obligations increase, and I'm well stocked with robustos, corona gordas, belis/torpedoes, etc... plus Habanos' shorter formats are smoking excellently lately.  For the price, you can't beat them.

Any specific brands or sticks?
Partigas Shorts or Bolivar Corona Junior are my 2 favorites.

Paul

Pauls avatar!

Chers
Jay

on my radar?

finding time to smoke, but I have a week of vacation starting Monday, so I shold get a few in

cabaiguan juan said:
Diapers and baby formula with some laundry detergent thrown in just to keep things interesting

Yeah, no sh!t... 3/4 of my groceries now are kidlet related.  I had my 5 year old boy in the shopping cart with me today and at least I could find room to put in a case of beer.  Well, sort of... he sat on top of it to make room. 

theorangeman said:

Yeah, no sh!t... 3/4 of my groceries now are kidlet related.  I had my 5 year old boy in the shopping cart with me today and at least I could find room to put in a case of beer.  Well, sort of... he sat on top of it to make room. 
I now get excited about sales on diapers and formula. The same way I get excited about finding cigars I've been searching. Example is I was just as excited about finding Las Calaveras as clipping a $5 off coupon for diapers. Kinda sad. Kinda awesome.

cabaiguan juan said:

I now get excited about sales on diapers and formula. The same way I get excited about finding cigars I've been searching. Example is I was just as excited about finding Las Calaveras as clipping a $5 off coupon for diapers. Kinda sad. Kinda awesome.
A few weeks ago, Amazon had an pack of 150 Luvs in Warehouse deals for fifteen bucks AND a Xikar punch cutter for $17....I felt like I knew what all those gold rush era miners must have felt when the pickaxe knocked the dirt off a nice vein. I'm still holding out for a crazy deal on wipes at the same time one of those table torch lighters go for super cheap....a man can dream.

zeemanb said:
A few weeks ago, Amazon had an pack of 150 Luvs in Warehouse deals for fifteen bucks AND a Xikar punch cutter for $17....I felt like I knew what all those gold rush era miners must have felt when the pickaxe knocked the dirt off a nice vein. I'm still holding out for a crazy deal on wipes at the same time one of those table torch lighters go for super cheap....a man can dream.

Dipes and Wipes. That is why my wife and I joined Costco after many years of not belonging to any sort of buyers club warehouse.

Maryland is ass backwards with a lot of things. No cigars, wine, or beer. I have been in Costcos in other states and have been amazed at the wine selection. Cigar selection was not the greatest. I almost picked up a cigar sampler of some sort while on vacation, but I am drawing a blank. Something along the lines of what you would see as a Christmas Manufacturers sampler but heavily discounted. Costco gets a fair chunk of our monthly budget.

I've fallen into the marketing vortex......stuff that will be coming out this year like the Drew Estate Pope of Greenwich Village, as well as the Tatuaje M80's.  Want to track down some of the Tat Musubi's that just got released in Hawaii.  

Pope of Greenwich Village! (Great flick!) Hadn't heard of that one.  I just looked it up and it sounds great. I love thinner ring ga cigars, and I love Mata fina. I've been hit and miss with mexican wrappers. Suspecting the stalk cut binder will temper it and balance it out some. I'll guess it will go on my wish list now!  

I really want to try some Camacho cigars, mainly the triple maduro and the corojo, also Oliva saison.

Rooke said:
I really want to try some Camacho cigars, mainly the triple maduro and the corojo, also Oliva saison.

I just looked up that Saison. Looks intriguing. Damn, I need to stay out of this thread.

zeemanb said:
I've fallen into the marketing vortex......stuff that will be coming out this year like the Drew Estate Pope of Greenwich Village, as well as the Tatuaje M80's.  Want to track down some of the Tat Musubi's that just got released in Hawaii.
Marvin Chang from R. Field Wine Company is on here.... He's got the hookup on those Tatuaje's.

Username mc808