• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What is your favorite cigar shape and why?

joshsims20

Reaction score
I've been smoking for 5 years and I haven't nailed down a favorite shape, can someone tell me their favorite shape and why it is your favorite shape?

Most of the older members would tell you that my favorite vitola is the Lancero. It accentuates my swarthy, unctuous pimp personality and looks good with my fedora.

Doc

I'm a fan of toros and robustos, because the rg seems just right in draw and smoke production but like the occasional lancero thrown in for the change in flavor due to wrapper to filler ratio difference.<br /><br />(Edited to actually answer the 'why

I prefer robustos most of the time. Seems to be the perfect ring guage and length of smoke for my usual allotment of time. If I have more time I will bring a torpedo or toro.

Another Robusto / Toro fan. I get the most consistent draw, the best smokes, out of these vitolas.

Corona Gorda is a perfect ring gauge for my tastes and I seem to get the best flavors out of them. Bigger seems to usually be a looser, cooler draw and smaller the draw gets tighter. Depends on the cigar, though, of course.

If you're just talking general shape, then the conventional tube shape is my favorite. I like torps, beli, etc., but you need to have a good cutter to prevent smashing them up when you cut. Even with a dull cutter, you can score around the cap of a tube shaped cigar and slice the cap off (circumcision cut).

Toro or corona. The only shape I don't particularly care for are pyramids - only because they always seem to fall out of my mouth.

Corona Gorda, Petite Corona, Lancero, in that order. After that anything less that 50rg will do.

Toro. By the time I get to the band and I have to pitch it, I can say I smoked a robusto.

Most of the older members would tell you that my favorite vitola is the Lancero. It accentuates my swarthy, unctuous pimp personality and looks good with my fedora.

Doc

When the hell did you trade in your Panama hat for a fedora and why wasn't I informed? I don't even know you anymore.

Robusto for me, usually fits into my time frame. If I'm on the golf course then it's a toro, or a churchill.