• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What music are you listening to currently?

If you don't have this your blues collection isn't complete.

81NlC08peIL._SX355_.jpg

The 32th Annual Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony 2017

No pic since this was a DVD copy given to me. There are so many overlapping releases of HOF inductions and performances I don't know if it is possible to actually get a complete set without having half of what you have being duplicates. In any case this was pretty good overall.

I’ve been listening to a lot of yelling, laughing and crying from little people lately. It’s ok.

Unusual for it's day. One album is studio, one album live. Charlie Danials and Elvin Bishop guest star on both. For you younger folks Marshall Tucker is not a band member but was a blind piano tuner who rented space to the band for rehearsing back when they first started in 1972. As of last week he was still alive celebrating his 94th birthday

While not on this album, the live version of "Can't You See" was recorded at this time. That just might be my favorite country/southern rock song. That can be found on their next album Searching For A Rainbow

61BH5Md8bBL._SY355_.jpg

One of just a handful of Reggae albums I have. I like the long version of Johnny B. Goode on this one.
61vADjjnZbL._SY355_.jpg

Going way back before I was really interested in music Motown Records was incorporated in 1960 and was fairly popular in the Detroit area with a few hits nationwide stating with Please Mr. Postman by the Marvelettes, (later covered by The Beatles) Shop Around by Smokey Robinson and 'Stubborn kinda fellow' by Marvin Gaye as some of the very first hits. In 1963 Motown signed the Four Tops who had been around since 1954. In that group had, in my opinion, the finest singer in America in Levi Stubbs. Now I didn't form that opinion back in 1963 but over decades of listening. Phil Spector called him the black Dylan although I was never sure if he meant it was his ability to capture an audience or his unique delivery that had a sense of urgency that few could approach. He was considered the best voice at Motown and that by itself is saying something. All I know is that Burnadette and Reach Out, I'll be There could grab my insides and wrench them like nobody else could. That is still true today.

Now you might be asking yourself, OK, just what is AVB trying to say here and what has he been listening to. For this post I'm just rambling brought on by a back to back playing of Burnadette and Reach Out, I'll be There on the radio.

If you have an minute give a kind thought to one of America's greatest stoytellers - John Prine who is in critical condition with Covid-19.

If you are looking for something a bit different this TV On The Radio might do it. I liked it.

261e8685.jpeg

Isn't that the same cover as "All Time Favorites"?
It is. She doesn't record as much as she could. That may be the reason why. Mine was released in
2012. "All Time Favorites" was released in 2015. I think. You probably know better than me.
Doc

Last edited: