• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What music are you listening to currently?

I just learned of Bill Withers' passing. What a terrible loss of a gifted singer, I'll be listening to his stuff the rest of the day. RIP

It is. She doesn't record as much as she could. That may be the reason why. Mine was released in
2012. "All Time Favorites" was released in 2015. I think. You probably know better than me.
Doc
No, this time you are the expert? I had just happen to have come across All Time Favorites day before yesterday when looking for something else. Can't like everytbody and Ms. Barton just doesn't do it for me overall.

I just learned of Bill Withers' passing. What a terrible loss of a gifted singer, I'll be listening to his stuff the rest of the day. RIP
We had a jukebox in the lunchroom at school and everyday of the fall '71 semester I would drop a dime into it a play Ain't No Sunshine to the aggravation of quite a number of students after the first 2 months.

Edit: Had to go look but I thought I had the original 45, I do but you can tell it has been played way too many times.

Last edited:
We had a jukebox in the lunchroom at school and everyday of the fall '71 semester I would drop a dime into it a play Ain't No Sunshine to the aggravation of quite a number of students after the first 2 months.

Edit: Had to go look but I thought I had the original 45, I do but you can tell it has been played way too many times.

That's a cool story Ray. I had always heard his hits on the radio growing up and enjoyed them, but didn't really get into him until my late 20s, but I'm glad I finally did. To my ears, he had the second sweetest voice after the dad from the Staples Singers.

middle_1267807139.jpg

Doc

Ruth Brown, The Queen of R&B. Had records on the charts for 149 weeks during the 6 year period from 1949 to 1955. The sum of her parts was greater than the whole and too much to list here. Read her wiki for more info.

41G51N4CV6L.jpg

While never quite catching on here in the US Barclay James Harvest was the equal to YES in the Progressive world in both the UK and Europe from 1970-1974. This first album is certainly more "English" then most of their counterparts. Still a touring band 54 years after being founded they headlined some of the largest shows in Europe at the time. 250,000 in Germany and at the first outdoor concert by a western band in East Germany drawing 170,000+ While this is their first album it is their third "Barclay James Harvest and Other Short Stories " that gives the best overview of the early band.

BARCLAY_JAMES_HARVEST_BARCLAY%2BJAMES%2BHARVEST%2B-%2B3RD%2B-%2BEMI%2B-%2BEX-684954.jpg

This should be everyone's playlist today. What a loss. His version of My Old Kentucky Home was always a big thing when I visited my alma mater. I went on YouTube and played that last night as soon as I heard of his passing. He had a unique wit and wisdom in his lyrics.