• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What music are you listening to currently?

Going back 40 years. Not a fan when it was released but it grows on ya.
Bob_Dylan_-_Saved.jpg

I got on a Classical Gas warp drive and started listening to all the different versions I could find. The original orchestral Mason Williams, the solo guitar Mason Williams, Eric Clapton's version, Glen Campbell doing his, Mannheim Steamroller's take on it and even Jim Stafford's comedy version (the boy can really play though) but my favorite is the one by Larry Fast.

Now Larry stays out of the limelight but he been busy over the years
  • Worked sporadically with Nektar, providing much of the dominating synthesizers on their 1975 album Recycled.
  • Also known for his work with Peter Gabriel. He played synthesizer on records and on tour, and rounded out the production team on Gabriel's albums from 1976 to 1986.
  • Contributed to the 1977 concept album Intergalactic Touring Band on Passport Records.
  • Played the Prophet Synthesizer on Kate Bush's 1980 Album Never for Ever
  • Produced Canadian progressive rock group FM's 1980 album City of Fear. ( A great album IMO)
  • Contributed music to the Carl Sagan 1980 television program Cosmos: A Personal Voyage.
  • Provided additional synthesizers on Foreigner's 1981 album 4 and Foreigner's 1984 album Agent Provocateur.
  • Played synthesizers on the 1983 Bonnie Tyler single "Total Eclipse of the Heart".
Along with building and patenting numerous synth related items he also wrote, produced and programmed 11 Synergy albums. Besides Moog himself there has been nobody else who did as much to bring the synthesizer to the fore.

Ms. Fish forgoes her blues guitar for the chance to play chanteuse. Doc will like this if he doesn't already have it.

R-14681674-1579530273-8771.jpeg.jpg

Possibly one of the finest sounding recordings ever made. SACD
s-l400.jpg

71hK2yUSxPL._SY355_.jpg

Sometimes I Just Feel Like Smilin'

$5 on ebay - too hard to pass up

s-l640.jpg

Last edited:
It isn't too damn often I learn something about one of my favorite songs but today is one of those days.
Stevie Winwood (Traffic, Blind Faith) and Jack Cassidy (Jefferson Airplane) both played on Jimi Hendrix's Voodoo Chile from Electric Ladyland

It isn't too damn often I learn something about one of my favorite songs but today is one of those days.
Stevie Winwood (Traffic, Blind Faith) and Jack Cassidy (Jefferson Airplane) both played on Jimi Hendrix's Voodoo Chile from Electric Ladyland
I didn't know that either.

Doc

I often see "child" spelled "chile" in Voodoo Child. While I understand it would be slang, I always think it's a misspelling or the actual country of Chile.

I often see "child" spelled "chile" in Voodoo Child. While I understand it would be slang, I always think it's a misspelling or the actual country of Chile.

The problem is that there is a difference between the US and UK versions besides the naked ladies cover. One was spelled Chile (UK), the other Child (US). Now for Voodoo Child (A slight return) singles they are the same but again the album versions are split Chile/Child AFAIK

King Crimson 1971.10.15. Winter Gardens Bournemouth England
Download only

Every once in a while I DL one of these sets from the rediculously large base of recordings Fripp has on line. Most of the time it isn't worth it including this one. Low bootleg quality strictly for the absolute fanatic, completest or historian. Not even worth digging up a picture.

George Kollias and his machine gun double kick bass.
View attachment 30680
I gave this a listen just to see what you kids are up to and while not my exact style of metal it wasn't bad. I think this guy can kick drum faster then he can with his hands though. Pretty amazing really.

Elvin Bishop - Let It Flow
His 4th solo album after leaving the Butterfield Blues Band.

Let_it_Flow.jpg

Grace Potter & Joe Satriani doing Cortez The Killer by Neil Young. Grace is looking amazed and amazing while joe is doing what he does best. The horn player is more than holding his own too. I haven't seen a trumpet and a guitar play dual leads like that since Terry Kath at a Chicago show in 70 or 71.