• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What music are you listening to currently?

Ray's comment sent me off on a Jethro Tull tangent. Been my favorite "Rock" artist since the late 60s. Spinning this, right now:View attachment 13425
Best live performance I've ever seen, and I've seen a few. It was in support of the Living in the Past album. I believe it was in Philly, '72 or '73

Doc

Last edited:
$_35.JPG

Unlike many other British Invasion bands, these fellas could actually play their instruments well.

Doc

Best live performance I've ever seen, and I've seen a few. It was in support of the Living in the Past album. I believe it was in Philly, '72 or '73

Doc
Same here, great live shows. I've never been happy with the amount visual related items. Thank goodness for YouTube. I have "A little Light Music" which is acoustic. Anderson, regrettably, cannot sing anymore due to a serious throat issue, but the musicianship is superb for the type music. And, now, off on another tangent:

At a new B&M tonight, 3 piece jazz ensemble live. Just chilling with a Padron 3000 Maduro.

$_35.JPG

Unlike many other British Invasion bands, these fellas could actually play their instruments well.

Doc

Rod Argent was the MAN. Time Of The Season would not have been half the song without his solo. "I am the dance of ages " From Argent's All Together Now Album was one of those songs that just imprinted itself in my brain pan. I don't know how or why but it just does it for me.

Heard this in an episode of Blacklist last night.
Forgot how much I liked it until I heard it again.

And they are still going. Although I think Mick should have stayed in Jethro Tull

He probably should have. I believe they are no longer a band. Their music has hints of Jethro Tull.

Grilling, drinking beer and listening to a Paul Carrackathon starting with ACE, Roxy Music, Squeeze, Mike + Mechanics and Roger Waters. One of the best voices in English music for over 30 years.

Heard this in an episode of Blacklist last night.
Forgot how much I liked it until I heard it again.

Gordon Lightfoot is one of my guilty pleasures, musically. I had tickets to go see him in Little Rock back in 2008'ish, but I ended up having another surgery and was in the hospital when he came through. Still one of the shows I regret missing.

Have you ever heard Johnny Cash's cover of "If you could read my mind"? It can bring tears if it catches you unaware... ;)

Gordon Lightfoot is one of my guilty pleasures, musically. I had tickets to go see him in Little Rock back in 2008'ish, but I ended up having another surgery and was in the hospital when he came through. Still one of the shows I regret missing.

Have you ever heard Johnny Cash's cover of "If you could read my mind"? It can bring tears if it catches you unaware... ;)

Cash covered NIN's Hurt, and it is amazing.

Some Bad Religion for wake up music, Kenny Wayne Sheppard now and Imagine Dragons next. After that - who knows.

HUGE KWS fan here. I've seen him live 4 or 5 times now. Haven't heard a better version of Voodoo Chile from anyone else besides Jimi himself.

Cash covered NIN's Hurt, and it is amazing.
Indeed. This might even be from the same album... I know it's off of the American collection -- very late in his life. Just like IYCRMM, you can literally hear the frailty in his voice. Some of the most powerful stuff he ever recorded.

I've been listening to a lot of Neil Young as of late. Something about his acoustic voice, that gets me.

I'll start my musical day with a new one by Peter Wolf, former lead singer for the J. Geils Band. On vinyl, course. Played on my VPI Classic One turntable equipped with a Dynavector 20X2L cartridge. Can you believe this guy was married to Faye Dunaway???
28580_400x400.jpg

Doc

A little Elmore James in the background while working from home today...
Buddy Guy is going to be in town Sept. 24th. In the process of getting tickets. Have to see the last man standing.

Doc