• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What music are you listening to currently?

Brings back memories of my kids when they were younger, thanks.
Very cool.

I think he liked the Mommas and the Papas most, this round. I've always really liked Momma Cass.
I have to give him credit for his willingness to try unfamiliar or old music.

I have been YouTube lots of John Prine MerleFest 2016. Physically he is really showing his age but his performance is excellent. Great great songwriter!

51n948y13GL._SY355_.jpg

Roomful Of Blues - The First Album
Count Basie - The Complete Atomic Basie

Stones yesterday - Exile on Main St. , Beggar's Banquet and Sticky Fingers on a loop. Great stuff.

Starting out this morning with Made in Japan from Deep Purple. I think I could listen to live versions of "Lazy" all day long and not get bored.

I ran across Use Your Illusion I & II yesterday so I gave them a listen. I don't think I've listened to those in 20+ years. There are some very good songs there, also some real floaters though. But I recognized Alice Cooper on one of the GnR songs and I realized I hadn't listened to them in such a long time. I was a huge fan in my younger years and kind of drifted away recently. So today is an all Alice kind of day.

sd4box.jpg

Disc #1. A lot of hit and miss here. I suppose it's for the completest only, but hell, it's Sandy. British release.

Doc

Last edited:
Still crushed by the passing of Sharron Jones. Getting funky to 100 Days 100 Nights. I haven't seen anybody make a crowd move like that since Mavis Staples.

Reactions: AVB
I saw on Entertainment TV (ET) that Brittney Spears has a movie coming out about her life so I've been getting reacquainted with her music. Good stuff.

Came across "Doreen's Jazz" a few days ago. Been checking out several videos. I like her.

I ran across Use Your Illusion I & II yesterday so I gave them a listen. I don't think I've listened to those in 20+ years. There are some very good songs there, also some real floaters though. But I recognized Alice Cooper on one of the GnR songs and I realized I hadn't listened to them in such a long time. I was a huge fan in my younger years and kind of drifted away recently. So today is an all Alice kind of day.

Guns N' Roses is my favorite band. Ever.

Slash is the reason I ever first picked up a guitar, and the reason I still play a Les Paul (when I actually play). UYI are amazing albums, though I agree there are some fillers on there. I wore the cassettes out when they were released in the early 90's. "Estranged" still gives me goosebumps every time I hear it. Alice Cooper is on "The Garden". Quite a surreal song. I wish to hell I could get to one of their recent shows. I know it's all nostalgia, but it's enough for me, man. It's enough for me...

Miles Davis - Milestones
Charlie Parker / Dizzy Gillespie - Bird and Diz
Charles Mingus - The Black Saint and the Sinner Lady

blue-lonesome-deluxe-edition-the-rolling-stones-cover-0602557149463.jpg

Arrived at 1100. Fresh off the RCM. A Stones Blues album. What a phenomenal idea.;)

Doc

Heard this before. Bunch of old white guys playing the Blues with a mediocre harmonica player.

Doc