• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What music are you listening to currently?

Heard this before. Bunch of old white guys playing the Blues with a mediocre harmonica player.

Doc
Is that a buy or don't buy? I'll probably get it eventually but should it be later instead of sooner?

Is that a buy or don't buy? I'll probably get it eventually but should it be later instead of sooner?
I don't think it's anything you have to rush out and buy. You can listen to it on Tidal; then make up your mind.

Doc

Tom Petty Live at the Hammersmith Odeon March 6 & 7 1980, King Biscuit Flour Hour digitized album
3537578.jpg

Revisiting Elton John. Realized I hadn't given him a listen in many years. (A lot of the recordings are pretty bad quality) I think my son might like Billy Joel more.

MEN-THEY-COULDNT-HANG-Night-Of-A-Thousand.jpg

British Punk Folk Rock. Who knew? The tempo is so quick on the first cut,I doubt if I could play it today.
I can barely count out loud that fast. Tidal HiFi.
Doc

Watched the Santana IV show from the House Of Blues. Just didn't sound right. I don't know if it was the PRS guitar Carlos was playing instead of the Gibson SG he used for the originals or if the tuning was a half different but it just wasn't what I was expecting.

I showed my son the new trailer for "Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2". Got him all fired up for the soundtrack, rewatch the flick, etc. A lot of catchy songs. He especially likes "Hooked on a feeling" and has played it a good 30 times since last night. hahaha! Got me on a tangent listening to B. J. Thomas.
Also spun a lot of Fiona Apple last night. Reminded me what a brilliant lyricist I've always considered her to be.

Revisiting Elton John. Realized I hadn't given him a listen in many years. (A lot of the recordings are pretty bad quality) I think my son might like Billy Joel more.

Elton John played here for two nights shortly after we arrived, and I had no idea until after the fact. I'm still pissed about that...

Elton John played here for two nights shortly after we arrived, and I had no idea until after the fact. I'm still pissed about that...
His concerts are great. One thing about him is he never seems to sing a song the same way twice. Some folks find that disappointing. I love it, and it sometimes leaves me speechless.

There is an old Italian saying "Never cook a dish, sing a song, or make love, the same way twice". Something to be said about that.

Unless you're cooking for my youngest son, who can tell the difference in San Marrizano tomato brands.

Doc

I showed my son the new trailer for "Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2". Got him all fired up for the soundtrack, rewatch the flick, etc. A lot of catchy songs. He especially likes "Hooked on a feeling" and has played it a good 30 times since last night. hahaha! Got me on a tangent listening to B. J. Thomas.
Also spun a lot of Fiona Apple last night. Reminded me what a brilliant lyricist I've always considered her to be.

B.J. Thomas I could tolerate but Blue Swede? You don't deserve to get coal for Christmas you deserve to be stoned with it.

B.J. Thomas I could tolerate but Blue Swede? You don't deserve to get coal for Christmas you deserve to be stoned with it.

He's listening to Blue Swede. I'm tolerating it, because I love him. :confused: And too late for coal...I was done shopping in October. haha.

Unless you're cooking for my youngest son, who can tell the difference in San Marrizano tomato brands.

Doc

That's a hell of a palate.

Got my cooking for the week done. Turkey chili baked in pumpkins. I added some dried guajillo chilies in which I tried to re-hydrate by steaming for 20 minutes. Not enough as they are still far too chewy. Next time I'll steam longer and blend them in instead of just slicing them. Had some lemons from a buddy's tree that have been sitting there and ready to turn. I found an easy recipe for a shaker lemon pie and gave it a try. Turned out pretty well, although I wish the thicker slices of lemon were more tender.
9u16j4.jpg

Got my cooking for the week done. Turkey chili baked in pumpkins. I added some dried guajillo chilies in which I tried to re-hydrate by steaming for 20 minutes. Not enough as they are still far too chewy. Next time I'll steam longer and blend them in instead of just slicing them. Had some lemons from a buddy's tree that have been sitting there and ready to turn. I found an easy recipe for a shaker lemon pie and gave it a try. Turned out pretty well, although I wish the thicker slices of lemon were more tender.
9u16j4.jpg
So you're telling us you listened to it cook or what?