• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What music are you listening to currently?

It seems the Absolute Sound and I disagree on the sound quality of Young's "Peace Trail". Well, who you going to believe?

Doc

It seems the Absolute Sound and I disagree on the sound quality of Young's "Peace Trail". Well, who you going to believe?

Doc
Haven't read it. Haven't heard the Album either. I stopped reading the Absolute Sound a good 10+ years ago. I became pretty jaded with them and Stereophile after they seemed to get too accepting of far too many components. Not to mention the Voodoo crap they endorsed. Should I give them a fresh look?

Oh!, to answer your question, I'll listen to what you say before someone with incentive to get and keep advertisers.

Haven't read it. Haven't heard the Album either. I stopped reading the Absolute Sound a good 10+ years ago. I became pretty jaded with them and Stereophile after they seemed to get too accepting of far too many components. Not to mention the Voodoo crap they endorsed. Should I give them a fresh look?
In answer to your question, hell no. They've gotten worse. I sorta have a free subscription. Doesn't hurt to keep up with the "competition".

Doc

In answer to your question, hell no. They've gotten worse. I sorta have a free subscription. Doesn't hurt to keep up with the "competition".

Doc
Magazines are a great way to keep up with technology.

ETA: I used to like Sensible Sound and Glass Audio. There was another one I had just discovered, but damn if I can remember the name. Positive Feedback wasn't too awful bad if you found the right reviewer.

The best to ever do it is on all day around here. Here's an acoustic set on MTV from the '90s I had blasting earlier.

I stumbled on Simply Red CD this a.m. Gratifying that Ole Mick can still sing his azz off. Always heartbreaking when the older performers can't pull off their old standards anymore.

Barenaked Ladies. Got my boy to listen to it today, and he's hooked. Repeat button is getting lotsa use.

61oHjcqJN5L.jpg

3 years of high school Spanish and one college and I'm still not sure if the title of this album is "I'll Survive".

Doc

Mexican mom fluent in Spanish, along with high school courses and a lifetime of Spanish speaking family and best I can get is "always survive" or "always alive". I usually go off of context or inflection when translating. Usually it works out.

Ronnie Earl And The Broadcasters - Blues Guitar Virtuoso Live In Europe
Albert Collins - Frozen Alive!

Reactions: AVB