• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What music are you listening to currently?

Listening to some 78 era Springsteen concerts and while he was a national artist with 4 albums under his belt he was still and East Coast favorite more so than west. You can really hear it on Thunder Road where the Pissiac, NJ and Fillmore audiences sing along and the ones in Winterland and the Roxy don't. (Cleveland does a pretty good job then too) Although the true fanatics are the ones who have seen the Main Point shows in Philly over the past 40 years, I swear they know EVERY word of EVERY song while I can only muster most words to most songs. Some say his Feb 1975 show there may have been is best of that decade and while there are boots of it it has never been officially released even though it was recorded for broadcast. Look for the 2CD version if you are interested.

So you're scared and you're thinking that maybe we ain't that young anymore
Show a little faith, there's magic in the night
You ain't a beauty, but hey you're alright
Oh and that's alright with me

The Association. I was goofing off with my son, singing "Windy". He asked "Is that a real song?" Yes. "Remind me when I get home to play that song".
He played it about 10 times, then explored their other songs. I saw them, in concert, around 1993. They were great. Harmonies were fantastic.

The third in the Road Tapes series. Who knows how many there might end up being.
005416150_500.jpg

Big Band Blues at its Best
Canned Heat & The Memphis Horns backing Memphis Slim.

R-4987674-1393805391-5738.jpeg.jpg

R-1645802-1303411599.jpeg.jpg

Ummagumma.
Not my photo. Mine is an early American pressing with the movie title airbrushed out. A might noisy in the quiet passages. It's a no wonder why it hasn't been played in so long.

Yesterday I had Paganini, Verdi and Beethoven on. I keep coming back to two bands though, J Roddy Walston and the Business and Black Joe Lewis and the Honeybears. J Roddy is kind of a mix of The Band, Little Richard and early Aerosmith while Black Joe Lewis is a mix of Wilson Picket and James Brown. I can't enough of both bands.

I have a 5th Dimension greatest hits CD. Also like to watch their videos on YouTube.

Listening to some 78 era Springsteen concerts and while he was a national artist with 4 albums under his belt he was still and East Coast favorite more so than west. You can really hear it on Thunder Road where the Pissiac, NJ and Fillmore audiences sing along and the ones in Winterland and the Roxy don't. (Cleveland does a pretty good job then too) Although the true fanatics are the ones who have seen the Main Point shows in Philly over the past 40 years, I swear they know EVERY word of EVERY song while I can only muster most words to most songs. Some say his Feb 1975 show there may have been is best of that decade and while there are boots of it it has never been officially released even though it was recorded for broadcast. Look for the 2CD version if you are interested.

So you're scared and you're thinking that maybe we ain't that young anymore
Show a little faith, there's magic in the night
You ain't a beauty, but hey you're alright
Oh and that's alright with me

You got me curious, Ray. I've never been a huge fan of his stuff but I definitely like his older music more. I found a couple of radio broadcast recordings of concerts from '75 and '78. I am finishing up the '75 concert this morning and plan on listening to the '78 concert from Passaic afterwords. This is great music, some familiar and some not but I am thoroughly enjoying it. Thanks for the tip.

You got me curious, Ray. I've never been a huge fan of his stuff but I definitely like his older music more. I found a couple of radio broadcast recordings of concerts from '75 and '78. I am finishing up the '75 concert this morning and plan on listening to the '78 concert from Passaic afterwords. This is great music, some familiar and some not but I am thoroughly enjoying it. Thanks for the tip.

Glad to help.

Love Tom Waits. Been trying to keep up with the film in which Ron Perlman apparently takes on the role of Waits.

Looking forward to the film. Great letter Tom wrote to David Lynch.

Listened to The Heart Of Saturday Night right after Closing Time.

Been listening to a lot of Alter Bridge lately. I finally have a radio in my vehicle again, and the production on those albums just sounds great in there. One Day Remains, Blackbird, and Fortress are on pretty much constantly. I'm not a big ABIII fan, and I still haven't grown to love The Last Hero. It's pretty hit-and-miss for me.