• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What music are you listening to currently?

I heard Bobbie Gentry's Ode to Billie Joe via Apple Music's hits by the the decade (60's). I ended up playing the entire album and I really liked almost all the songs.

We met Kenwood a few years ago thru some concert festival folks.
We had the pleasure to go to his and Cherie's wedding.
It was rockin'!

This hopped into my youtube feed - I guess they are using algorithms now.

Thoroughly enjoying a blast from my past. "The Good Rats" were a local band when I was a youngin in NYC.
GREAT vocalist. I thought they were going to hit the big time. Might give them a listen to see what was big in the local band scene back then.

Came across this article this a.m. http://www.culturesonar.com/good-rats/

I have managed to save one of their Vinyl Albums. This is the song I thought of as soon as I saw the article:

This might have been the most requested tune at the time:

Thoroughly enjoying a blast from my past. "The Good Rats" were a local band when I was a youngin in NYC.
GREAT vocalist. I thought they were going to hit the big time. Might give them a listen to see what was big in the local band scene back then.
I kinda remember them as being the Long Island version of a poor man's Canned Heat.

Started the day with James Taylor, and finishing it with Jethro Tull.

If Vernon Reid played lead pedal steel guitar you'd be close to what this is. I'm telling you to buy it!

Just discovered The Real McKenzies yesterday while trying to find something new to listen to in the background on YouTube while I worked in the office before everyone arrives.

SandyDennyABoxful.jpg

Was given to me by a friend who knows I collect Denny recordings. It's used but in excellent shape. Playing CD #1

Doc